Little Giant incubator piece of crap

This thread has been cleaned of posts flaming others for owning/using an LG. Please confine your comments to the product, and do not flame others for their opinions and experiences with it.

The thread is not flaming an entire company, it is a discussion of one particular product.

Thank you ddawn, it was getting a little heated.

No matter if it's an LG or a Dickey, someone out there will have had good rates with it and someone will have had a miserable failure. One is cheap and one is expensive, you buy what you're comfortable with. If you want to hatch a few eggs for your children, I don't see any reason that they would buy an expensive unit when and LG is out there cheap. Just keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

Right now I have a new lg on my left side, no fan, no egg turner and it's full of peeping noises, on my right side I have an older lg with both fan and egg turner, no idea how old it is, it was bought second hand at a yard sale by a friend of mine for $5.00, I start my eggs in the old one and then the extra eggs that I have left I hand turn in the new one, I have not noticed any problems with temps.

I also have a hand built incubator out of a fridge, I purchased an electronic thermostate and have not been able to keep the temp the same 12 degrees difference is way to much. I am going to replace the thermostate with a waffer one and if I can get it to work right I will still use the LG.

So I guess I'm on the pleased side of the LG. They have both worked fine for me. And I'm thinking about getting another one.

I really like to hatch eggs. I need AA for hatchers.

If you don't like a product, don't use it. I like my LG. I have had decent hatches with it. It is in a room with stable temp, if I make any adjustment at all, it is VERY minor and then I wait a few hours before checking it. If you don't have the patience to wait for the minor tweaks to stabilize, you don't need an LG. If you can set it and pretty much forget it, you will get decent hatches. The main thing seems to be keeping the room at a constant temp.
I am really having to control myself on this post, because I don't like flamers. This is a great forum, and we don't need haters. There are plenty of other places online that would welcome those types of people with open arms.

One more thing, it works better if you put in a fan.

Last edited:
My sister has one of the plastic liners and she loves it! Had I kept my LGs I would have got some for sure really helps with clean up. And it doesn't affect temps or humidity.
smile.png

I tried hatching eggs in an LG 5 times but none ever hatched, I would go turn them and they would be as hot as a oven. I don't think LG is a bad incubator but I never got the hang of it. Now a Brinsea Eco 20 incubator is GREAT I am starting to use those.

Back
Top Bottom