Little Giant incubator piece of crap

Quote:
I tried that, but never got a one. If you are lucky enough to get more than you can handle, I will gladly take the extras. People never take the time to learn how to use their equipment, then bad mouth it.

I have hatched and raised parrots for decades. I definitely know how to operate an incubator. And this LG would be fine for a few days and then spike up to 104.5 without ANY temperature change in the house. I'll not buy another one of those.

Quote:
I tried that, but never got a one. If you are lucky enough to get more than you can handle, I will gladly take the extras. People never take the time to learn how to use their equipment, then bad mouth it.

I have hatched and raised parrots for decades. I definitely know how to operate an incubator. And this LG would be fine for a few days and then spike up to 104.5 without ANY temperature change in the house. I'll not buy another one of those.

exactly, and that goes back to the fact that you do not know how to set one up..

Quote:
Instead of being condescending, why don't you just share with these people the "proper" way to set these up. I'm sure it would be very helpful if you gave advice that they could actually use.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:

I have heard that with buying these they can be "hit or miss" . Honestly? I think mine is ok....just USER error
wink.png
but I'm going to look into a cabinet bator...

Quote:
I have run a battery of 8 of them at a time,, I also run 3 sportsmans.. I must be a lucky blind squirrel, because all of mine run just great..

just because you cannot figure out how to make one work, don't assume that they are no good..

I am very Lucky as well

Quote:
Instead of being condescending, why don't you just share with these people the "proper" way to set these up. I'm sure it would be very helpful if you gave advice that they could actually use.
yippiechickie.gif

I agree Pat. There is evidence here of ...well...I don't need to say it, it speaks for itself!

I once heard someone say, "well, this old hen (which incidentally was a basket case) will fit right in with my collection." The 'seller' said, "I'm sorry to hear that." The above is much the same I suspect. Enough said on my part.
hmm.png

we just ran a side by side hatch with LG and 1588.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=501290

for me, almost same results. the LG was definitely more finicky and when taking the turner out the temp dropped and so then it had to be played with...

but for me, I can get my LG with fan to a higher humidity, so from now on, will be incubating in the 1588 and hatching in the LG. I tape the sides of my LG during lockdown and do not open until lockdown is terminated.

just thought about this, an added fan and the turner are adding additional "dry heat" to the inside of your LG, that you won't get with a still air LG with no turner...

my humble .02

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif

For the record ;
I have offered my set-up details in the past,
I have had very few takers, but those that did request them were all very satisfied with their results..

I will not publish them on any web site because of all the nay-sayers that just refuse to believe that anybody can make a LG or Hova work properly despite any evidence presented (like the person who you claim I was condescending to)..

there are people on here who have hatched probably fewer batches than the number of different incubators that I have used and built and purchased in my over 40 years of incubating.. ..

I cannot tell you how many times I have offered advice and the person asking would take the advice of the people who claim nothing can be done to help..

I joined this group to try to help as many people as I can, but I am growing weary of people who just want to argue..

Quote:
x2

I only have one incubator and that is an LG. I had a few little minor problems but after I learned a few secrets, it was great. I won't be using mine but probably once a year, so it is good for me.

Also I don't plan on sinking a bunch of $$$$$ into eggs to make someone else rich. I have heard a lot of stories about different incubators 'killing' these pricey eggs, so I don't see a point to buying eggs that are really exspensive and having them shipped.

Just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom