Little Giant incubator piece of crap

primal woman

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 11, 2010
Oregon
Some time ago I read a web site of someone who recommended the Little Giant over the hovabator incubator. I bought one. It has had to be replaced once already as it was very unreliable in its temperature control. Later I bought the turner and it is less than 2 months old and it now is making a whining sound.

I do NOT recommend this brand.

I have had 3 of them and one was great the other 2 I sold at the auction they were crap, fluctuated temps. The one I still have is a good one. It helps to keep them in a room with little ambient temp fluctuations.

I don't recommend this brand either. The temps are too unpredictable and spike and drop frequently. I only had one good hatch useing an LG and that was out of sheer luck. I now have a Dicky cabinate incubator that works well.

I will take all of your LG and Hova that you do not like.. just send them to me.. PM me for my address..

there is a way to set 'em and forget 'em..

I've had mine since I was 9 years old, so it's been in use steadily for 17 years. I've had to replace the windows in top, I added a computer fan for air circulation, and changed the wafer thermostat over to the solidstat thermostat. I have 8 chicks out of 8 eggs set hatching right now out of it.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. You can get a good one but it is rare especially the newer ones. I bought a Sportsman 500 GQF it is great. Sportsman 500= $600.00 LG= $60.00 any questions?

Last edited:
Quote:
I have run a battery of 8 of them at a time,, I also run 3 sportsmans.. I must be a lucky blind squirrel, because all of mine run just great..

just because you cannot figure out how to make one work, don't assume that they are no good..

Back
Top Bottom