1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Little Giant incubator therm questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by victor1800, Jan 23, 2011.

1. victor1800

victor1800 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Hi I am just giving my bator a first time trial run, it seems to be holding temp steady at 99.5 on one therm and 100 to 101 on the other therm but these are the miller therms that came with my incubator and egg turner. Do you think these therms are junk to and if they are what is good name therm to get? I am running my bator in a room that holds a steady temp of about 60 its the only room in my house that doesn't fluctuate temp and it holds a steady humidty of 55. I also would like some info on a decent name hygrometer any help here greatly appreciated! [​IMG]

2. Hanna101

Hanna101 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2011
    Connetticut
    i really dont know Dad i dont know [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  3. pnp4kidz

pnp4kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Thermometers vary. Mine were 4 degrees different! I got one from Petco in the reptile section they have a good hygrometer too. It is the one I'm using but your thermometers are so close I'd go with them myself! Us something in between and keep it there.

4. victor1800

victor1800 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    I am now testing all my household thermometers on my dining room table, I figure I can calibrate the 4 of with each other .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by