Little Giant Incubator Tricks

It is in the dining room in a corner where there is not much traffic because most of our meals are at the breakfast bar or breakfast nook in the kitchen.
Looks like this is definitely turning out to be a test batch. I am participating in the Easter HAL so we got 2 incubators so we could figure this all out. I think I am going to go buy a hygrometer just to see if I get a better reading from it.

It is in the dining room in a corner where there is not much traffic because most of our meals are at the breakfast bar or breakfast nook in the kitchen.
Looks like this is definitely turning out to be a test batch. I am participating in the Easter HAL so we got 2 incubators so we could figure this all out. I think I am going to go buy a hygrometer just to see if I get a better reading from it.

Fall Harvest has a nice one and it's accurate. Also Incubator Warehouse has some nice ones.

Last edited:
Ok, we have the LG with the circulating fan and egg turner.
We have used it once. Not great but we are learning.

With the fan model it has this temp sensor on a piece of clear plastic film..... hubby wedged it 1st time on lid. I can't get it to do that.
I would think I could use a thumbtack and attach it in just the plastic part, avoiding wires..... to underside of lid?

I have read, re-read and read again the manual that came with it and can't find a thing.

HELP!

Several years ago I bought some thermometer/hygrometers from Walmart. You can see them in the pictures below. First I checked the calibration on them to see how close they were to the actual know temperature and humidity compared to ones I knew were accurate. They were good. I put them in the incubators so I could see them through the viewing window. Some of these are older pictures. I did some modifications on the incubators over the years.

I think here there were one or two eggs left to hatch.

I just drill another hole tiny hole, for every one I plug up with a thermometer, or straw for water, etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom