little giant incubator?

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
have one of those got some peafowl eggs in there anything special I should do? temp at 99.5-100 does the humidity have to be at 45 or can it run higher? and just like duck and chicken eggs air bubble side up?

And then p.s. if I leave the eggs out for her to hatch and it gets down to 35 degrees one night will that kill the egg or can it be fine for one night!

Pea eggs are okay if left on their sides while incubating,after all if eggs was under a broody hen,do you think she stands them up and sits on them? No,they are laying on their sides.RH should be no less than 45% and increased to 50-55% the last 3 days before hatching.If a hen is sitting on eggs,they are next to her skin and her body temp doesn't change because of colder temps outside,so that is not an issue. If your air isn't circulating in your bator with a fan it's recommened to run 100.5 degrees instead of the 99.6-99.8 temp range in circulated air bators.

Pea eggs are okay if left on their sides while incubating,after all if eggs was under a broody hen,do you think she stands them up and sits on them? No,they are laying on their sides.RH should be no less than 45% and increased to 50-55% the last 3 days before hatching.If a hen is sitting on eggs,they are next to her skin and her body temp doesn't change because of colder temps outside,so that is not an issue. If your air isn't circulating in your bator with a fan it's recommened to run 100.5 degrees instead of the 99.6-99.8 temp range in circulated air bators.
What, your hens don't? Mine do.
hide.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Just have to x our fingers now.
I'm in trouble for even trying to hatch them and the birds have been banished before they see the light. Apparently they are too loud and big and there's already enough traffic in the yard blab blab blab
idunno.gif

I think otherwise but its more likely that I'll be looking for a good home for them if everything works out.
Fun to try and very curious.

ok so what about if I let an egg sit out in the barn over night and it got in the mid 30's one night will the egg be good still or should I toss it out?

28 days and one of the eggs is pipping. Must have done something right. We're very excited.
Is there anything special that we need to do once they hatch or should we treat same as chicks.

Back
Top Bottom