little giant incubators

hstgonzo34

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
I was just wondering what everyone thinks of these incubators? I bought one testerday and was just wondering if anyone has tried one, If anyone has, could you give me an honest assesment. thank you for your time,

I have a 9200 and I have had no problems with it. I also have an hova Bator with turner, but the LG seems to keep a consistent temp better than the HB. I like the heat control much better than the wing nut type on the HB.

Good luck on your hatches.

I just purchased one and have it on and it is keeping a constant temp. Most incubators I have had in the past I have ran them with two thermostats one set around 1 degree higher than the other. This protects the eggs from a spike in temperature.

One more thing, the turner i purchased has a huMMMMMM to it and a small vibration. I think this could be bad for the eggs. Has anyone had this problem with a turner?

Mine has that aproblem too. I haven't noticed it vibrating, but it definitely has a loud hum. If I take it out, and put it back in, then the hum stops for a while. So maybe it just has enough of a vibration to move it a bit? Is yours full? If not, where do you have your eggs set in it? I have mine about half full, and the other half has the trays removed, because I have to use it as a hatcher as well right now. Maybe if the eggs were more scattered out, it wouldn't do this.

Back
Top Bottom