Little girl in hospital

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
a 6 1/2 year old little girl in hospital. she was throwing up and had severe stomache ache. she has been in the hospital for two days and finally diagnosed her with a cyst on her ovary that ruptured. she will be ok but will have to monitored closely by her physician. Has any one else heard of this happening?

Prayers said

It is amazing what children are having to face in this day and time. Age isn't a factor anymore when it comes to somehting that can be life changing

Well, I was in my late 20's and before they discovered it was a cyst on my ovary, I got a free trip to the operating room and my appendix removed because of it. Mine manifested on my right side and the bloodwork and symptoms indicated appendicitis. After they cut me open they discovered appendix was fine and looked around a bit and saw the ruptured cyst. I have never heard of it in a child though, but I suppose it is possible.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to my mom when she was about that age. Puked for 2 days, black stuff, and went in to find out what was wrong. Cyst had ruptured, they removed that one and left the other one in.

6 1/2 is way to young to be sick. I know she's scared, being in the hospital.

Certainly I'll pray for your family.

I have not heard of this before in a child. But there's a lot I don't know.

In passing I will this : Many hospitals now have an "e-card" program for the
patients. Allowing family & friends to send free get well cards direct to the
room. A no-cost program. Not sure it's a good thing, but my daughter has three
large binders filled with these cards she has recieved already.

I first ran into it at Children's Hospital, Columbus Ohio. Have since seen it
elsewhere. I'm sure if you check with your hospital, and they have the program,
one or two BYC'er would send a card.

hugs.gif
for her. I hope she is feeling better.

I would send an ecard!
thumbsup.gif

Wow, I would never have thought it was a cyst on the ovary at that age! Thank goodness they got it taken care of for you....Poor little girl......hugs to you BOTH!

Back
Top Bottom