Little gold mystery chicks from jab91864... any guesses?

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
Here's what the possibilities were...

Hens: Buff orps, Austrolorps, Chanteclers, Blue and Black Cochins, BLR Wyandottes, GL Wyandotte, LT Brahma, EE's

Roos: Black Cochin, Blue Lace Red Wyandotte, Blue Orp

Well, here are the wing feathers coming in on these chicks. The little red/gold one with no real markings is getting the prettiest feathers.... the wings do not do it justice. Here are pics from when it was born and a pic of it's wings now....

chick11.jpg

chick11back.jpg

chick11head.jpg

red.jpg

And here are the 4 gold ones with some stripes.... and all their wings look the same... coming in all gold until now when you can see the brown just starting further up the feather.

buffs.jpg

buffshead.jpg

gold-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here's what the possibilities were...

Hens:  Buff orps, Austrolorps, Chanteclers, Blue and Black Cochins, BLR Wyandottes, GL Wyandotte, LT Brahma, EE's

Roos: Black Cochin, Blue Lace Red Wyandotte, Blue Orp

Well, here are the wing feathers coming in on these chicks. The little red/gold one with no real markings is getting the prettiest feathers.... the wings do not do it justice. Here are pics from when it was born and a pic of it's wings now....

chick11.jpg

chick11back.jpg

chick11head.jpg

red.jpg

And here are the 4 gold ones with some stripes.... and all their wings look the same... coming in all gold until now when you can see the brown just starting further up the feather.

buffs.jpg

buffshead.jpg

gold-1.jpg

The one with the rose comb is a wyandotte mix. The single combed chick isnt a wyandotte mix as rose combs are dominate.

We can eliminate Australorp (black/white penguin chick) and Cochin and Brahma as those have leg feathers.

That leaves the Wyandottes and Orps....or hybrid mixes.

The rosecomb yellow/with slight chipmunk are your Wyandottes...likely a Buff or Buff Columbian.
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Wyand/BRKWyandChix.html

The top yellow chick (roo from head dot mark) may be an Orpington, although it may have too much brown for a Buff. Orps come in a lot of colors too.

My guesses.

LofMc

I can see that they have buff orpington in them
I cant see cochin in them ( no feather on shanks) so
The rooster could be Orp, or Wyn. You should differ that according the comb type.

I wouldnt of even wasted my time i dont know why It was shown as new post. They really should close old threads.

Back
Top Bottom