Little house on the Patio, or, good little prefab rides again.

Thanks. I am really enjoying the new kids. Quarantine passed very well, and the little house is now down in the "chicken yard" , a fenced and netted area next to my secure run. We did 5 days of "look but don't touch" and then I let them out with my two "big girls" Harper Lee (EE) and Nevada Barr (RIR). There's been some mild pecking, and very short chases, but all in all, going great. They all go back to their "own" coops at night. Maybe someday, I'll get them in the same coop, but this works for now. Mary Shelly has become my fav, while none of them are really tame, she's the tamest, and will take treats from my hand, and will even jump up on my knee for a blueberry.

Thanks. I am really enjoying the new kids. Quarantine passed very well, and the little house is now down in the "chicken yard" , a fenced and netted area next to my secure run. We did 5 days of "look but don't touch" and then I let them out with my two "big girls" Harper Lee (EE) and Nevada Barr (RIR). There's been some mild pecking, and very short chases, but all in all, going great. They all go back to their "own" coops at night. Maybe someday, I'll get them in the same coop, but this works for now. Mary Shelly has become my fav, while none of them are really tame, she's the tamest, and will take treats from my hand, and will even jump up on my knee for a blueberry.

The journey is much fun. Congratulations on your new friends! They are adorable.

Back
Top Bottom