Little lost Peep

taprock

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 1, 2010
Northern L.P. Michigan
Yesterday I lost my favorite hen - Peep who is a WCB Polish. I posted in the Predators section because I was sure something got her. The chicken free range and I noticed she went missing about 10 am. I spent all day looking for her. She is the perfect girl, can't see a thing - has a beautiful crest, but answers to her name and will run all the way across the yard to be held by me. Needless to say I was a mess. I ended the day with my mom walking most of our 22 acres with me calling for Peep. I felt horribly guilty about not knowing what happened to her. We were busy running today so all the chickens stayed in the yard. I got back from a graduation party about 5:30 tonight and there she was pecking around the door to the chicken coop and yard. I am amazed she survived! We have had wind, rain plus we have seen coyote, fox, raccoon, hawk, owl, smelled skunk and have neighbors dogs running around. I still don't know where she was. She has been acting broody lately - but sits around on an empty nest. I'm just glad to have her back.

wee.gif

Yay!! I'm so glad she is OK.

Back
Top Bottom