Little miss lonely?

Chickengal505

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Bolivia N.C
Okay, so I took my incubator to school, and we had a very sussesful hatch. 16 out of 18. Pretty good ratio. So the special ed. teacher hatches eggs every year too. No biggy. I'll help the over reacting teacher get over every little bump first time hatchers tend to get caught on. So last day of her hatch. One chick is completly shrink wrapped and another has a big piece of egg shell stuck to her. I take a water dropper and drop water inbetween the shell and the little chick's back. Shell comes right off. I get the other little chick out of the egg. Everything goes as planned. I go back to class. Five minutes later I'm asked to return to the special ed. class consering the chicks. Okay thats fine she's just worried. I go, the chicks look fine to me. But I stay by her request. I'm watching the two chicks in question. The one I helped out of the egg is adorable. Blueish tint, crest, bearded. Everything I could want in a chick. But she looks a little off balance. Once again the teacher over reacts and insits I take the two chicks in question because she says she doesn't think she could take care of these chicks. Okay I'll take them home to the brooder I don't have ready and the heat lamp that needs a bulb. I take the little ones home. The blue one with the crest dies. And now I have a little lonely two week old chick named Madonna... Any ideas to curb her boredom? She has no friends and getting more is not really an option. Everyone I know with chicks can't have anymore and I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with this little miss priss...
hmm.png

Well Do You Want To Keep Her?? If Not You Can List Her On Craigs List In Your Area For A Good Home... We Use It All The Time To Sell Ours. Until Then Try A Little Stuffed Animal?? Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom