Little one has a cold?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kpatroll, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Kpatroll

Kpatroll Chirping

Jun 1, 2019
    Thank you!!!!!

casportpony likes this.
  2. Kpatroll

Kpatroll Chirping

Jun 1, 2019
    Jpat and casportpony like this.
  3. Kpatroll

Kpatroll Chirping

Jun 1, 2019
    Okay. I will take her out to play. The cotton concerned me. I didnt want them to ingest it or breath it in, especially since little Charlie already has issues. Should I just turn the lamp off? They are literally hiding from it. Also, how do I keep them from getting IN their water. Right now, I have a bowl with a lid that I cut a hole in. They actually stand IN the hole. Lol will a waterer work? I feel like all of them I have found at the tractor supply arent deep enough, and cater more towards a chick than a duck.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

If this stuff your talking about is laying thick on the ground or it’s hard for you to breathe it in then I don’t think I’d take them out till it’s over. I am using a waterer like this they get on top and a leg will go in but they don’t stand in it 758BC0CF-B211-4ED3-A43A-028FD416C92F.jpeg

quackiemama likes this.
  5. happy duck

happy duck Crazy duck mom

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    VetRx will say it is for adults but I used mine for my ducklings and they were fine. I would put several drops in some water and let her bathe in it for about 5 min.

Jpat likes this.
  6. Kpatroll

Kpatroll Chirping

Jun 1, 2019

7. Kpatroll

Kpatroll Chirping

Jun 1, 2019
    This is EVERYWHERE. The neighborhood looks like we got a snow storm. Lol

Attached Files:

8. Kpatroll

Kpatroll Chirping

Jun 1, 2019
    These waterers are genius

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

What tree produces this. I believe I’d keep them inside. If little is breathing strange that cannot be good for it.

quackiemama and casportpony like this.
  10. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    I kept my little ones in until the pine trees, dogwoods and cottonwoods were done dropping their pollen. I could see green "dust" when the wind would blow. My white car was green for about 2 weeks with white cottony fuzz stuck to the pollen. And I could not breathe that entire time.

Kpatroll, Miss Lydia and casportpony like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: