Little one has a cold?

I'm thinking too warm and definitely can be outside during warm days. Bathing and possibly provide a bowl of wet soupy feed too.
Okay. I will take her out to play. The cotton concerned me. I didnt want them to ingest it or breath it in, especially since little Charlie already has issues. Should I just turn the lamp off? They are literally hiding from it. Also, how do I keep them from getting IN their water. Right now, I have a bowl with a lid that I cut a hole in. They actually stand IN the hole. Lol will a waterer work? I feel like all of them I have found at the tractor supply arent deep enough, and cater more towards a chick than a duck.

If this stuff your talking about is laying thick on the ground or it’s hard for you to breathe it in then I don’t think I’d take them out till it’s over. I am using a waterer like this they get on top and a leg will go in but they don’t stand in it
758BC0CF-B211-4ED3-A43A-028FD416C92F.jpeg

Hey all!! Paranoid first time Momma again... my little Rouen duckling seems to have a bit of a cold. I have done the warm bath to no avail. I'm not 100% sure how to use this vetrx, as the label and instructions say it for adult ducks. She is eating and drinking fine, running around, playing, and being her usual duckie self, but she is breathing a bit heavy, and sounds congested? It sounds almost like rales (popping sounds between exhale and inhale) there are NO vets in the area that specialize or even see ducks, so that option is out. Her companion has zero symptoms. To caveat, when I purchased her, she always had a runny nose. Now the nose has stopped running (nares and eyes are completely clear, feet and down are unremarkable). She is in a warm, dry brooder that I am literally cleaning every hour on the hour) How do I get her breathing normally again? Am I worrying over nothing?
VetRx will say it is for adults but I used mine for my ducklings and they were fine. I would put several drops in some water and let her bathe in it for about 5 min.

This is EVERYWHERE. The neighborhood looks like we got a snow storm. Lol

Attachments

• 20190604_140840.jpg
    20190604_140840.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 7
I kept my little ones in until the pine trees, dogwoods and cottonwoods were done dropping their pollen. I could see green "dust" when the wind would blow. My white car was green for about 2 weeks with white cottony fuzz stuck to the pollen. And I could not breathe that entire time.

Back
Top Bottom