Little red chased from food

Sharon2012

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 15, 2012
Southeast Tennessee
One of my hens is continually being chased away from food and water. I have multiple locations for the food and water but any time little red goes for something one or more chases her and beats her up the roost. How do I make sure she gets what she needs? This is a recent thing. Started about three weeks ago and since then she hasn't laid one of her pink eggs.

Hi there,
Is it 1 hen that's chasing her or several? If it's just 1 or 2 I would isolate them away from the flock for a couple of days or more to re-arrange the pecking order. If it's all of them probably your best bet is to hand feed her away from the flock a couple of times a day. That way she will get the basic nutrition she needs. Have they all been together from the start or is she a recent addition??

They've been together since October first. And unfortunately it's seven out of nine doing the chasing. It's strange since up til three weeks ago they were all getting along. This behavior is very strange. I'm trying to feed her that way. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom