Live Chicken Cam

Cool! I need one in my coop!!!!
smile.png

I bought the cam from buy.com. Its a Foscam and after reading about foscam from there site, they said the cameras on amazon and ebay are most likely copies and not actually foscam. Therefore not warrented. Buy.com had the best overall price. $103 total. Took a little figuring out. But after hooking it up I realize that you don't want anybody else going straight to the ip cam. Uses too much bandwidth. Had to figure out a way to upload it to ustream or justin.tv. Works good now.

The range of the foscam cam really stinks. Ended up using my old wifi router and running it to my garage just to get to the chicken coop. Luckily, when I ran more power for a welder to my garage, I ran a telephone in the same ditch a few years back. Turned it into a ethernet line to the router. So before you go get a wifi camera, look at the reviews and what the range is.

Last edited:
Quote:
I finally got some info back from the company on the range of the IP Cam this is what they said. The wireless range from the camera to the router is 80ft line of sight. I also looked into adding a WiFi repeater/extender to increase the range/signal because where I want to place a camera might be pushing it. Just FYI to all interested. Have not ordered anything yet. Still doing my homework.

Before i installed the light in the coop. egg production went from 14 aday to 2 aday when the days started getting shorter. 4weeks ago i installed the lights and timer set to turn them on at 6am-9am and then again at 5pm-11pm. within 2 weeks they started producing eggs again. they do get to sleep 7 hrs a day. If you notice the recordings of the night watching........The light is a UV light for night vision. Still pitch dark to the naked eye...really cool

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom