Lively egg turned ...dead???

Hopefully. At this rate I believe it was a bad batch, think I just lost another one/two days from hatching and not got high hopes. But I’ll keep them in the incubator for another week and see how it goes. I’ll make sure to update this thread

Better to use the light.
The one you used look like it's works pretty good.
Is that the egg that peeped?

Have you incubated before...and tested your thermometer?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...incubator-thermometers-and-hygrometers.73634/
Hi,
Yes that’s the egg that was cheeping the previous night and no movement since. I’ve used this incubator upon multiple occasions never having a problem. They did undergo some extreme temperatures before I found them out in the garden. Maybe that could be coming back to bite...?

So I got some guts and opened up the egg (poor little thing had passed). It wasn’t strong enough to pip through the air sac and ended up suffocating. I also found another 2 that had the same fate. My final two chicks aren’t looking too good. I thought one chick was dead but as soon as I pierced through the membrane it started breathing (it wasn’t before) now it’s just regaining strength and I hope I wasn’t too late to save it.

One little chicky out and one more to go hopefully

Attachments

• 3AAE1739-F3CB-464E-AAAB-B9F6383CC82E.jpeg
    3AAE1739-F3CB-464E-AAAB-B9F6383CC82E.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom