Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
So, I was watching Chonkers and Fizz Bang with their ladies this morning and it didn't make me hopeful that the eggs are fertilized. It seems I have raised some strong, independent, ladies who don't need no man... Chonkers was still on the roost this morning, I opened the chicken door and he flew the 10 feet across the coop and smashed into the mandoor, strutted around the floor of the coop I think trying to play it off, then ran out the chicken door, poofed both his wings out from his sides and started just chasing the ladies. :idunno

Fizz Bang was just chilling with his ladies, but as I'm walking back to the house he starts rooster dancing toward one, when he got close she just jumped over him and ran off :gig

I guess we'll know next Friday what we've got 🤣

Good Morning Cat GIF by Franziska Höllbacher

Good morning edgy eggies!
🥰 Go Xena and Charlotte!

Hi y'all! I think I came to the party a little late. 😂 How far along are the eggies?
Not late at all! We are incubator-gaiting, I will be setting eggs on Friday (as long as the shipped eggs arrive by then :fl)

Grab a silkie egg from my flock and another egg either shipped or local pick up, give them a good name and a lot of cheers :wee

Ok, USPS finally updated! Oof, they aren't scheduled for delivery until SATURDAY 😬 So it looks like Saturday will be egg setting day as long as the eggs arrive in the AM and can rest, if they arrive late on Saturday it will be Sunday for setting them.

As I'm trying to learn more about genetics for the silkies, I'm listing the color and genotype, if I am wrong PLEASE let me know!

Purebred silkies:
Mixed pen of colors, Chocolate pullet, a partridge, and a splash with no splashes; cockerels are various blue, black, diluted partridge, silkie, satin, and frizzle (it was not supposed to be like this, but here we are...)
1 dozen where laid in very cold weather, we will find a group name for them and please everyone cheer for these eggies! If they start developing I will add them individually to the list below to be named and specially cheered 🥰

Chocolate pullet (choc-)
1 Duchess @Obsessed With Silkies

Partridge or "splash" eggs
1 Apex @CoopBoots
2 Layla @Debbie292d

Blue / splash Blbl / blbl (shipped)
1 Larry @Debbie292d

Black BlBl (shipped)
1 Valentina @Galaxy_rules

Paint E/E, Ml/Ml, I/i+ (shipped)

Chocolate choc choc, choc- for females (shipped)
1 Grace @TwoCrows

Large Fowl:
Light Brahma (shipped)
1 @Antiocheggers

Swedish Flower Hen (pick up)
1 Lacey @Obsessed With Silkies
2 Hope @GirlsHuntToo

Ermine Ameraucana (pick up)
1 Zen @TwoCrows
2 Xena/Zeus @GreenJay

Chonkers Test
1 Godzilla Kong @ElfenLied89

EExBA
1 Charlotte/ Charlie @GreenJay

Bantam:
Golden Necked D'uccle (pick up)
1 Elpida @fluffycrow
2 Cherry @Nero70002

Lavender Ameraucana (pick up)
1 Zenith @CoopBoots
2 Blueberry @Nero70002

"Random Bantams"

Update: this will be all the eggs unless there is room and I can sneak a few more from Fizz Bang or Chonkers in there 🥰 once I check for development the first weekend of February I'll add any of the eggs laid during our cold snap to the list.
I'll take the #2 egg from the chocolate shipped eggs. ❤

Back
Top Bottom