Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
I've updated Post #4, but here is the summary of all the named eggs.

I had several questionable eggs, I think they may be quitters, but I've left them in just in case.
G - good, alive!
? - possible quitters, unsure
ND - no development

Duchess - ? - @Obsessed With Silkies
Apex - G - @CoopBoots
Layla - ? - @Debbie292d
Larry - ? @Debbie292d
Valentina - G - @Galaxy_rules
Grace - G - @TwoCrows
Mocha - ND - @Sc_chickengirl
HVIT - ND - @Antiocheggers
Princess - ND - @TheDawg
Elpida - ND - @fluffycrow
Cherry - ND - @Nero70002
Pizza - ND - @lkb1230
Zenith - G - @CoopBoots
Blueberry - G - @Nero70002
Wisteria - G - @Chive
Pippa / Pippy - ND @Oob Child
Zen - ND - @TwoCrows
Xena / Zeus- ND - @GreenJay
Andy - ND - @BantyChooks
River - ND - @BantyChooks
Godzilla King - G - @ElfenLied89
Mothra - G - @QueenofKings
Green Bean - too dark to see - @lkb1230
Charlotte / Charlie - G - @GreenJay
Steve - G - @TheDawg
Lacey - G - @Obsessed With Silkies
:celebrate :wootGood job, Wisteria! You’ve made it this far!
Way To Go Good Job GIF by Justin

But come on now, you’re not done yet! Keep on growing.
I know you can make it!
Happy So Excited GIF

I kinda don't want to say anything because then he'll have to go and prove me wrong, but he's been a good little cockerel. He isn't aggressive to me, just chatters at me but doesn't wing dance or puff up. One thing I did see yesterday though, when I went in the coop, all the ladies came running in as usual, he did too, then ran back out and called them all to follow, it was hilarious because all the girls went piling back out into the run 🤣 so apparently they are listening to him and his reponse to me is to call his ladies away from me rather than feel he has to fight me. His brother JetPack on the other hand has turned into a complete ornery stinker. He is attacking me (not flogging but body slamming me) and attacking the waterer as we lift it up and set it back down. He's turned pretty violent already 😬 I've held him on his back and he'll leave me alone for a few days, then he's right back at it.
Oh wow ! Maybe that's why I don't have cockerel. But, he sure is pretty!

It's not too bad, only 2 are aggressive, another 1 is dancing but not charging (yet) and 2 are very gentle still. 🤣🤣🤣
Hook is a butthead. He won't let anyone near his food. And by his food I mean anything I put down. I can sprinkle scratch over in one area, there he goes. I move to a different area, he follows and then THAT is his pile. Yeesh. As for Snape, he hasn't snapped at my leg again. Maybe he knows I have cockerels to replace him. Speaking of them, Kithara has the cutest little waddle run ever. 😍

But nosiest chickens? My RIR's. Nosey and noisy!

Tonight the chicks will be half way to hatching!

Read about their development here!

Day 10

Hours 216 to 240

The beak is starting to harden and the egg tooth appears. The nostrils become present as narrow openings. The eyelids begin to grow over the eyes. The distal portions of the limbs lengthen. The vitelline membrane now completely surrounds the yolk. Feather follicles now cover parts of the limbs. The egg tooth begins to form.

Tonight the chicks will be half way to hatching!

Read about their development here!

Day 10

Hours 216 to 240

The beak is starting to harden and the egg tooth appears. The nostrils become present as narrow openings. The eyelids begin to grow over the eyes. The distal portions of the limbs lengthen. The vitelline membrane now completely surrounds the yolk. Feather follicles now cover parts of the limbs. The egg tooth begins to form.
:woot

Back
Top Bottom