Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
It's day 11! 1 week away from lockdown 😃

Check out this article on chick development!

Day 11

Hours 240 to 264

More than halfway there!

The eyelids are growing larger and covering more of the eyes. The allantois has reached its maximum size. The vitellus is beginning to shrink. The comb is now more prominent and is clearly serrated. Tail feathers have begun to appear.

Day 11

Hours 240 to 264

More than halfway there!

The eyelids are growing larger and covering more of the eyes. The allantois has reached its maximum size. The vitellus is beginning to shrink. The comb is now more prominent and is clearly serrated. Tail feathers have begun to appear.
Woo hoo, it's 1/2 day! (Half way there that is. ;) )

Go eggies GO!
Woo Hoo Party Animal GIF by TELUS

Day 11

Hours 240 to 264

More than halfway there!

:woot

Why can't we use voice commands? Or can we?
You could, but they’re not quick enough when you have to keep the duckling in place and then tap the picture button before they move
Good morning, Apex & Zenith! Another one of a kind day. Do all the growing you can. It's a beautiful world waiting for you <3
lol are you on TikTok? 👀

Why can't we use voice commands? Or can we?
If you have Echo Show, you can tell it to take a picture with one of those PC smart cams. I have one on my computer I used for Zoom meetings, but never had her take a picture with it. I don't get why she can't do it with my phone since there's an Alexa app on it but she's acting daft when I ask to and says it's not supported.

You have Macaws!?! I love watching all the funny and adorable parrot videos on fb.
Yes. Sophie I got 20+ years ago when she was just 6 mos old. Julio is a rescue with issues we didn't know about when we adopted him. We've had him about 8 years I think. They don't get along so both have their own huge cage behind me in my office. They watch me type all day lol. They can see me outside as there's two windows in here, and that's when they scream.

Sophie was going "Oh, so pretty," at the chicks in the brooder last night. I kept trying to teach her, "What's a baby chick say?" (Peep peep). And she kept replying "Meow."

Back
Top Bottom