Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
The art of chickenry! Because on top of figuring out what day is Day 1, then the incubator's quirks and differences, plus genetics of the eggies, yikes, so many variables!
What we do in reality! :gig

Season 2 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

I wanted to be able to separate the eggs as I wanted, I was going to find some little plastic basket things with holes, but my friend suggested carpet canvas. So I got plastic canvas, the 10 holes / inch sheets from Amazon then cut things to fit and zip tied it all together. It will be reusable, I can clean and sanitize it. I'm thinking the holes in the bottom will provide enough toe grips. If not, I'll find a way to get thay drawer liner added. I was trying to keep it good for air flow, grip, and cleanability.
I think you could market this! It's an outstanding idea! I usually have no need to keep chicks separated but it would come in handy for sure if I'm hatching my pet quality with my fancies as some of the pet quality will pop out a fancy one. Also, way better than those bags I bought that I'll never use now. Hubby thinks we could hang onions in those lol.

I think you could market this! It's an outstanding idea! I usually have no need to keep chicks separated but it would come in handy for sure if I'm hatching my pet quality with my fancies as some of the pet quality will pop out a fancy one. Also, way better than those bags I bought that I'll never use now. Hubby thinks we could hang onions in those lol.
There is an incubator company making dividers now at least for their products. They are sized to fit for different numbers of eggs even. I've got to make mine as soon as I see how many of each breed I set. Some will not need to be as big as clears are taken out or quitters but rather have needed room and then add filler if not many eggs make it to lock down for some trays.

I have two more days to gather eggs and that will make the Friday night incubator load. When they hatch that will make the ones in the brooder now 6 weeks old and then they will go out side into a new brooder coop. A new coop is almost finished that will have 2 four and half feet wide x 12 brooder pens in it than can be subdivided as needed for small hatches. I think this is going to work out for a hatching every 3 weeks baring something I've not taken into consideration which is likely. This ought to keep me on the edge.

I have two more days to gather eggs and that will make the Friday night incubator load. When they hatch that will make the ones in the brooder now 6 weeks old and then they will go out side into a new brooder coop. A new coop is almost finished that will have 2 four and half feet wide x 12 brooder pens in it than can be subdivided as needed for small hatches. I think this is going to work out for a hatching every 3 weeks baring something I've not taken into consideration which is likely. This ought to keep me on the edge.
Wow, you've got great plans and a very busy summer ahead of you!

Back
Top Bottom