Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Sure thing! I'm wondering if I should start the thread when I begin preparations (March 10th) or when I put the eggs in the incubator ( some time during the first week of April). Yes, I know I'm planning way in advance. I'm THAT excited! Also slight update, today I found a ssecret nest the girls had made in their pen, which had four eggs. So I think we have two laying girls as of today
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

Would you add me too?
I think I will be setting some eggs around the same time!
(Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who plans early:oops:)

Sure thing! Let's see how many other peeps are setting at around the same time! Good to know that I'm not the only early planner :lau
The 15 Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long is also starting around that time. It says to set chicken eggs on March 9th.
Maybe I will set them then? I’m not sure.
My birthday is the 28th of March, so I was thinking that I’d love to have the chicks hatch that day, but…… I can wait a few days….:barnie

The 15 Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long is also starting around that time. It says to set chicken eggs on March 9th.
Maybe I will set them then? I’m not sure.
My birthday is the 28th of March, so I was thinking that I’d love to have the chicks hatch that day, but…… I can wait a few days….:barnie

March 10th I'll begin my first set of preparations (OK that's half a lie, I'll be ordering a hygrometer/thermometer this weekend). Very early in April is when I'll be setting, so they can hatch around one week before Easter day. I'd love to participate in the Annual Easter Hatch Along, but it's not going to work out

Candling Incubators 2 & 3 tomorrow. #1 has already been done and 8 eggs replaced out of 41. American Bresse, Dark Cornish, White Jersey Giants, and Red Sex Links in the making. I'm right out on the edge and if I'm not careful I might miss my cazip and find myself at the bottom of the ravine.

Candling Incubators 2 & 3 tomorrow. #1 has already been done and 8 eggs replaced out of 41. American Bresse, Dark Cornish, White Jersey Giants, and Red Sex Links in the making. I'm right out on the edge and if I'm not careful I might miss my cazip and find myself at the bottom of the ravine.
Jersey Giants! Someday I'd like a blue one, but at the rate of flock and breed additions right now I think it will be a ways down the road. I'm a week away from my first candling, I need a candling fix, send us an update tomorrow!!!

I can't remember if it is Black on White that gives Blue or if it is White on Black? I have 4 White Jersey hens and several roosters. They are some of the best tempered roosters I've ever raised. They don't seem to ever fight unless provoked by a RIR rooster.

I just got done candling 123 eggs. Looks like I'm in trouble. Need a lot more brooder space and some new coops. I got way to close to the edge.

I can't remember if it is Black on White that gives Blue or if it is White on Black? I have 4 White Jersey hens and several roosters. They are some of the best tempered roosters I've ever raised. They don't seem to ever fight unless provoked by a RIR rooster.

I just got done candling 123 eggs. Looks like I'm in trouble. Need a lot more brooder space and some new coops. I got way to close to the edge.
😱 123 eggs?!? :th
Dang, you people don't kid around with these hatches! 🤯🤣

Back
Top Bottom