Locating BOSS that won't break the bank

Sparhawk

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 9, 2011
I started feeding BOSS to by hens and so far, they are loving life. I have only found it at Ocean State Job lot ($5 for 6 lbs) and one feed/pet store ($4 5 lbs) Which seems pretty expensive. My local grain store does not carry it, so I'm looking a for a source. Online? TSC? Appreciate the help !

Quote:
I was thinking about that. I found a wild bird mix that had BOSS, other seeds, dried fruit and cracked corn. The ingredient that stopped me from buying it was Cayenne pepper....
hmm.png

Would that be OK for chickies??

Quote:
I was thinking about that. I found a wild bird mix that had BOSS, other seeds, dried fruit and cracked corn. The ingredient that stopped me from buying it was Cayenne pepper....
hmm.png

Would that be OK for chickies??

Yes, it's great for them. I use it in my feed recipe.

The cayenne pepper is probably put in it to discourage squirrels. They won't go near it. HOT. Birds, however, are not affected at all. It is actually good for them - increases circulation.

I had a parrot when I was a kid and the food used to come with these BIG dried chilies in it.

TSC seems to have the best price on BOSS I've been checking around myself, I even checked Wal-Mart.

Quote:
I think you're right. I think it's only 40lbs. When I unloaded the last bag that I purchased, I noticed that it said 40lbs and not 50lbs.

ETA: Info from TSC about BOSS.

SKU Number: 6858833
Manufacturers Number: 151

Bird Seed | Brand : Royal Wing
00ae.png
| Bird Type : Seed Eating Species, Finches & Chickadees | Product Type : Black Oil Sunflower | Package Size : 40 lb.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom