Lock down and I'm nervous!

hugs.gif
So Sorry for the loss.... But Congrats on the rest of the hatch!!!
thumbsup.gif
Sounds like you didi a GREAT job!!!

God Bless!

Kirsti- I'm so sorry you lost a chick. We wait & wait for them then are totally helpless during hatch. How's it going this AM? I know you're at work....

I did go in and peel a chick out last night. It had been fully zipped since 2PM. At 10PM after watching it after 8 hours I knew it was coming out itself. Tweezers, picked away 'till I found the head, the membrane was totally glued to the chick. After I found the head I ran it under hot (98 degree water) to unglue the body from the shell. Patted dry, used the hair dryer to warm it further and 50% dry. Popped it back in the bator. I did have a pip going on at the time. Punched up the humidity and 2 more hatched overnight, perfectly.
The "problem" chick is doing great.

So, I have 8 chicks of 12, and today is day 21. I can't see pip's on the 4 remaining but it's a jumble of chicks & shells in there.

April- So far, it looks like I have 6 lavenders and 2 dark ones. The last dark one just hatched at 8AM. The 1st was the "problem". I don't know why she was shrink wrapped and the others are not.
roll.png

You're chicks are so beautiful! I love them.

Chckinut- It looks as if your hatch is the only one who read the book and they're waiting for day 21! Good luck and i wish you lot's of chick's!

Lesa- We need pictures!

Brenda

BB thanks, so cute! Aww all the little chickies are adorable!!
Brenda, I hadn't heard of the hot water tip. I'll keep that in mind. The 2 little chickies are in the brooder and doing really well. Eating, drinking, sleeping etc. Hopefully I'll get around to taking some pics soon, otherwise it might be tomorrow. I work from home but between work, house, and kiddies it can be hard to find the time to post!
Other egg still doing nothing. At this stage I think it's had it (but I'll leave it going a bit longer....)

Pic at last!

2010_04010034_tn.jpg

Bantam cross on the left, Dorking (maybe!) on the right. They are approximately the same size which surprised me, but the so called Dorking has feathers on it's legs like the other one and it has me wondering if one of my friends Bantam cockerels are getting to her Dorking hens instead of her full sized cockerel. This is my most successful hatch to date. Wondering whether to do another run of chickens or have a go at ducks next.....!

Back
Top Bottom