Lock for the run door

CHlCKEN

🍳 Just Beak-Cause I Can 🍳
Premium Feather Member
Jun 21, 2020
Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
Yikes! The thought of getting locked into the run frightens me. I could easily be the only person home.
When I first bought my old coop I went inside it to make sure everything was ready for my girls. As soon as I walked inside, my sister slammed and locked the door and I was trapped. Luckily she came and rescued me 10 minutes later 🤣

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Screenshot_20210123-092108_Chrome.jpg
Hate these^^^

Yeah, yikes! I'd totally lock myself in with one of those, and would be in trouble. I use a sliding latch secured with a carabiner. And a hook and eye on the inside.
Love these^^^

I use screen door springs on all doors for auto-closing.

Sally PB

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
Wow, I feel soooo low tech. We have a carabiner for securing the outside. To keep it shut while I'm inside, I slide a large nail through a hole in the door frame into hole in the door. Can't lock myself in. And the chickens can't reach the nail to lock me out.

Lumikko

Songster
Sep 14, 2019
Wayne, NJ
Wow, I feel soooo low tech. We have a carabiner for securing the outside. To keep it shut while I'm inside, I slide a large nail through a hole in the door frame into hole in the door. Can't lock myself in. And the chickens can't reach the nail to lock me out.
I usually put a stick in the door so it can't latch shut. But I've managed to forget that a few times...

Top Bottom