lockdown begins!

Ha! Maybel here would probably cuddle them if I let him. Now sage? Sage would eat them, you should have seen her when we had a mouse problem a few months back.
Key word being HAD.

Moved the first five to the brooder, two of them figured out food almost instantly. I try to teach water first but that's not how they roll. Their good for like 48 hours before they need to figure it out right?

20210127_092329.jpg

Also then hen is terrified Of them. Guess I'll wait a few days before introducing them again.

Moved the first five to the brooder, two of them figured out food almost instantly. I try to teach water first but that's not how they roll. Their good for like 48 hours before they need to figure it out right?

View attachment 2504749

Also then hen is terrified Of them. Guess I'll wait a few days before introducing them again.
I don’t give mine to adults to brood until they are 5-7 days old because a small fright can get the adults accidentally stomping them. In a more natural setting, the adults would take flight and not hit the lid and crash back down on the chicks.

View attachment 2504749

Just curious- is your hen broody? I don't know much about quail, but if it's like chickens, I don't think the hen will accept them unless she's broody and has been for a while? If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

Back
Top Bottom