Lockdown day 20 ozzing egg

I’m so grateful I saw this post! But I had already thrown out the 2 oozing eggs when I saw this😰 The one egg had started zipping 9 hours ago with no further progress so I’m hoping that mine were actually dead already😥
This has been a weird hatch of mostly locally bought hatching eggs. 4 chicks have already hatched, 1.5 days early. And a bunch more are pipping, but there hasn’t been any new ones hatching for hours. I’m getting scared nobody else will hatch..
THANKS SO MUCH for the advice on removal!

Up date on the oozing egg, I did not throw it away because I thought I felt something move inside so to be on the safe side I put it on a heat pad well it hatched perfectly form chick very lively
What color was the ooze? That's very strange, but I'm glad to have seen this. Havent had that happen before, hope I dont have that issue

What color was the ooze? That's very strange, but I'm glad to have seen this. Havent had that happen before, hope I dont have that issue
2948E65C-C4B3-41CF-BAED-B03E517A3131.png

I’m so grateful I saw this post! But I had already thrown out the 2 oozing eggs when I saw this😰 The one egg had started zipping 9 hours ago with no further progress so I’m hoping that mine were actually dead already😥
This has been a weird hatch of mostly locally bought hatching eggs. 4 chicks have already hatched, 1.5 days early. And a bunch more are pipping, but there hasn’t been any new ones hatching for hours. I’m getting scared nobody else will hatch..
THANKS SO MUCH for the advice on removal!
Just for future reference, whenever you suspect an egg will not hatch, you should candle it before you throw it away, to check for signs of life. If candling is inconclusive, I take a sharp paring knife and carefully chip a small hole into the air sac end, and look inside to make sure the chick is actually dead.
(I do this in my utility sink because I have read about exploding eggs, but I have never had that happen. I’m not cracking the egg wide open. Only making a small hole into the air sac pocket.)

But candling will usually detect if there is movement, and then you can put the egg back into the incubator without chipping a hole. And wait.

Back
Top Bottom