lockdown egg position

chkn_fvr

In the Brooder
May 21, 2020
I have some shipped eggs that i put into lockdown last night. As this is my first hatch, i have been very nervous to disturb the eggs while candling and haven't been able to tell if the air cells are detached in any of them. I have also been incubating the eggs vertically. Is it ok to leave them vertical during lockdown or should i turn them sideways so they lay horizontal?

I have some shipped eggs that i put into lockdown last night. As this is my first hatch, i have been very nervous to disturb the eggs while candling and haven't been able to tell if the air cells are detached in any of them. I have also been incubating the eggs vertically. Is it ok to leave them vertical during lockdown or should i turn them sideways so they lay horizontal?
For lockdown remove the egg Turner and leave the eggs on their side placed apart. They will roll about a little as the chick starts to position itself and pip out. When the chicks start to hatch they will start moving around and knock the other eggs so if you can put a separate compartment in the same incubator for the newly hatched it prevents all the other eggs being knocked about. Good luck with your hatch.

Back
Top Bottom