Lockdown for Bantam eggs

tim21

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2015
So we are doing a hatch with a bunch of Bantam eggs and they are TINY!!! I was wondering if i should go into lockdown a few days early because they might develope faster and hatch sooner?

So we are doing a hatch with a bunch of Bantam eggs and they are TINY!!! I was wondering if i should go into lockdown a few days early because they might develope faster and hatch sooner?
Nope. I just locked down some bantam eggs yesterday and they take the same about of time as LF eggs. Good luck with your hatch

What is "Lock down" ?
Lockdown (for chicken eggs) is usually day 18. It's the day that you stop turning the eggs, remove them from the turner if you are using one, do your last candle and mark air cells and up the humidity to hatch percentages. A good majority of people do not open the incubator after lockdown except possibly to add water for humidity.

Nope.  I just locked down some bantam eggs yesterday and they take the same about of time as LF eggs.  Good luck with your hatch  
I just seen we went into lock down a day apart
1f601.png
best of luck to you!!!

My OEG bantams hatch out on the 19th or 20th day usually (based on two clutches). I have two pipped eggs now and it is the 18th day, they will probably hatch overnight.

I'm I just went into lockdown today with silkie eggs. I have read, in a few different places that bantams hatch early but I've also read that they hatch right on time. I guess it's kinda like childbirth, you never really know until it happens! ;)

Back
Top Bottom