Lockdown in 2 days

northernchic

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
I am incubating my first batch of eggs from my personal chicks in my new brinsea 20 Eco incubator. I started with 25 EE eggs. I had 1 clear and 1 quiter around day 7-9? I'm pretty nervous and excited about the upcoming lockdown. Temp has been steady at 99.5. Humidity between 35-40%. I know I need to get my humidity up to 65-70% at lockdown. Does that take 1 sponge in on water well. Or two? One in each water well?

Thanks for the response. How do I add sponges in the brinsea? Do I set them in the water well? I live up north and I've had to keep both water wells 3/4 full just to keep the bator at 35-40% humidity.

I am not familiar with that specific incubator. I would think you could add them just about anywhere. You can try the water well. I don't really think it would matter as long as its not on top of an egg ;)

Thanks for the help! Lockdown is tomorrow! Talk about being nervous! Not sure which I'm more nervous about. That they WILL hatch or that they WON'T hatch! Trying to remember to breathe.

Are you going to candle before you lock down? Also, how is the humidity doing in the incubator?

It is very nerve racking. But do enjoy it! It is an amazing to see! I don't think I moved away from the incubator for longer than running to the bathroom. You will start to see the eggs move around a bit. So excited for you!

I'll be looking for some baby chick pictures!!!
jumpy.gif

Yes, I will candle before lockdown. Humidity has been around 35-40%. I know I need to bring it up to around 65-70% for lockdown.

Not sure I will breathe from now until the end of the hatch. So very nervous!

Back
Top Bottom