Lockdown in 2 days

We'll say you were just so excited about lockdown you forgot (not dumb!!!) just excited :)

Yea I was too excited. Lol Thank you. And for that one did knock one down by one good thing I saw it happened j opened it quickly and took it out. Humidity is high 85. Is that bad. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up. I can see ones beek. But hasn't tried coming out. Hopefully soon.

End of day 21 8 hatched, bunch with pips, some nothing. Had to cull one he hatched not fully developed and stunk really bad. I also have one that looks like he has a crooked neck. He came out funny. We will see tomorrow how he looks. It looks like a war zone in there.

Here are 5 all fluffy. 2 polish, 1 EE, 1 bantam/polish and 2 mixed I think.

End of day 21 8 hatched, bunch with pips, some nothing. Had to cull one he hatched not fully developed and stunk really bad. I also have one that looks like he has a crooked neck. He came out funny. We will see tomorrow how he looks. It looks like a war zone in there.

Congrats on your babies. Sorry for your culls. :(

Hey there I have a question for you. You took them out while still some in the incubator and have pips. Is this ok to do. Many say wait as much possible. I have 3 that are in my incubator. And there is like 3 or 4 with pips. Which one you can see the beak and it's breathing. The others just have the pips but not all the way through. Just want to know how you have been going about yours.

One more question if you do not mind me asking. How did you cull. I would not know how to go about it if it came to anything like that. (hope I do not) sorry for you having to cull. But congrats on your babies and hope the rest come out.

I had 3 or 4 hatch on day 19 then today when I had to take care of the stinky one I had to move them. I may have done harm to the ones still in there but I couldn't leave the undeveloped one in there with them. I know most tell you to not take them out but my Grandma and Mom never left theirs in the incubator more than to when they could stand then moved them to the brooder. I don't know. I know I am real quick when I do get them out. I would have had to get the first one out today anyway because he/she hatched first thing Thursday morning right after I locked them dowm Wednesday afternoon. That one would have had to eat soon. BTW that one eats a lot already.

One more question if you do not mind me asking. How did you cull. I would not know how to go about it if it came to anything like that. (hope I do not) sorry for you having to cull. But congrats on your babies and hope the rest come out.
I broke its neck. That sounds mean but it is the quickest way. I hope you don't have to do that either. It is hard, I knew it was best for it.

Back
Top Bottom