Lockdown on my 136 A&M and brown coturnix.

Okay I'm brand spanking new here and trying to learn everything I can, so what do you mean by you're in lockdown mode? The reason I checked your thread is because I plan on raising A&M's and Jumbo Browns, thanks.

Lockdown mode is when you have incubated for 14 days then you remove the eggs from the turner. No more turning and then add all the water to raise the humidity. I'm sitting at about 70% right now and the on day 17 you should start seeing some babies. Lockdown is when you do all this and do not open the bator until all babies are hatched

Finally, I went to bed last night at about 2300 hrs and there was nothing but little pips and rocking eggs. Woke up this morning and checked them around 0700 and there was about 37 fluffy buts jumping around everywhere. I had to go to work so I will be home at 1300 so I will check on them and then transfer to the brooder.

Again, if I transfer to the brooder what will happen to the unhatched eggs.

Finally, I went to bed last night at about 2300 hrs and there was nothing but little pips and rocking eggs. Woke up this morning and checked them around 0700 and there was about 37 fluffy buts jumping around everywhere. I had to go to work so I will be home at 1300 so I will check on them and then transfer to the brooder.
Again, if I transfer to the brooder what will happen to the unhatched eggs.

Unless your other eggs hatch by 1300 hrs I would not open the incubator. You risk shrink wrapping the unhatched chicks.The chicks that hatched last night should be good for at least 24 hrs in the incubator.

Just curious how has your add on electronic thermostat been doing?

I am still at work so I have been home. I was going to wait till this afternoon to open it. If you think that is what I should do. I want to do the best by them. Noon will be 12 hrs in the bator for some of them in the bator if they hatched that early. All of them were still wet at 0700 this morning. What are your thoughts. I have never hatched anything before.

The electronic thermostat is the best piece of equipment I have ever bought for the still/forced air wafer type thermostat incubator. It was just a still air then I added the fan and the electronic digital thermostat. I removed the wafer. It is awesome, just wire it in and your ready to go.

I would highly recommend to anyone still using the wager type. I will never use another wafer.

I also just ordered a genisis. I need two for now I think. One for incubating and one for hatching. All of you all are very correct when you say it's addicting.

I would wait to open the incubator until your sure all that are going to hatch have hatched or at least 24 hrs. I know some who have waited 48 hrs but with Coturnix I am not comfortable with leaving them in the incubator longer than 24 hrs. Hopefully they will be all hatched when you get home so you won't be tempted to open the incubator too soon.

Thanks for the input on the thermostat.

Good luck and post some pictures when you can!

93 out of 134 so far

89ba84b7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom