1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lockdown!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by koakritters, Mar 10, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    I'm officially in lockdown!!! [​IMG] What am I suppose to do with myself for 3 whole days?!?!?! [​IMG]

2. piccolini

piccolini Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Camino, CA
    I'm with you! Its day 19 and I go in to check on them every 1/2 hour! It's killing me!! [​IMG]

3. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    im in lockdown tonight too! just about to set the humidity but i am so torn im frantically looking on here to see if i should put them in cartons since they have been upright the whole time or lay them flat?!?! what did you doo!!!

4. piccolini

Mar 15, 2009
    Camino, CA
    Quote:Mine are flat- I am thinking I will use cartons next time though to keep them from rolling around. Good luck!

5. bordergurl

bordergurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2010
    Niagara Region
    I went into lockdown this evening. Eggs are laying flat.

6. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    were they upright in the turners before tonight? seems like people who have them upright in turners from days 1-18 leave them upright for hatch, and those who have them flat and turn by hand leave them flat for hatch..

7. piccolini

Mar 15, 2009
    Camino, CA
    Mine were upright before lockdown. Thats just what I have always done. Never had a problem with it until my hatches started getting bigger and the chicks started getting too rough for the eggs

8. chopperman66

chopperman66 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    I have 120 that go into lockdown Saturday. I wish you all well with wonderful hatches.

9. abritton77

abritton77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Broken Bow
    I have some going into lockdown in the morning.

10. ChickenCrazed

ChickenCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    I have 30 Silkie eggs in lockdown for hatching on Sunday...We had a slight problem today when the power went out...UGH...Got the generator started and plugged the incubators in so hopefully all is ok...This is the hardest part ...ANTICIPATION...Good luck everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by