Lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hillschicks, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Hillschicks

Hillschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    We made it to lockdown. On a whim we put 5 random eggs from our flock in our brinsea mini advance..

Day 4 candle had 3 developing good and 2 doing nothing.. We opened them and found one was not fertile and one had a broken yolk.. No biggie, we only wanted a couple anyway..

Around day 10 power went out, electric company said it would be many hours before it came back on.. Something ya cant do with a bigger incubator, we loaded up and took the entire thing to my aunts house a few miles away and plugged them in.. She sat them over night for us.. Brought them home the next day and candled, everyone was alive and moving inside.

Yesterday we hit day 18 and locked them down.. Candled, everyone looked good.. Upped the humidity.. Now the hard part.. We wait.. Last batch we hatched all came on day 20 except for 1 who came just into day 21 so we are expecting late tomorrow.. Brooder is setup and ready to go.. Time to play with and friendly up some new chicks

2. Krischick

Krischick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2013
    Willard Mo
    I am also headed into day 20 with 10 Buckeye Xs but my humidity won't rise uggg hoping for the best...

3. Krischick

Jul 20, 2013
    Willard Mo
    Im very impatient ..:)

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I am on day 19 with 2 silky/cochin bantam/nakednecked/frizzles eggs. I had 2 eggs hatch from 2 placed 11 days ago and I just placed these too. I am glad I have a couple to play with now. it makes me more patient.

5. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Our first pipper.. Followed shortly with another.. 2/3 started pipping this morning, day 20 .. Just as we suspected.. As for your humidity going up, as soon as one breaks thru the shell your humidity should go way up.. Mine does in our small bator anyway

6. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Number 3 has pipped.. Everyone has officially pipped, and now we have a very fast zipper.. We should have fresh chicks in no time now :)

7. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Our first arrival.. Legs feet and beak look good.. Its starting to get up and stumble around a bit.. 2 more to go!!

8. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Chick number 2... One more to go!!

9. Krischick

Jul 20, 2013
    Willard Mo
    Day 20.. Nothing yet...still having humidity problems i suspect tomorrow will be my day trying to sit on my hands...uggg

10. Krischick

Jul 20, 2013
    Willard Mo
    They are beautiful i cannot wait!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by