Locking chickens in coop for the night, a neccessity if they have a run?

Not to be contrary, but, once that salt embeds in the metal, you really can't clean it out. It will scar and pit the inside of the barrel, and that can't be fixed. Sorry. Salt and metal don't mix.

OK I have to ask this, with all of you locking your birds down like a prison camp, How many of you actually have a shotgun or rifle to take care of the predators you are trying to keep out? I get the precautions I really do ( I have my run covered and have triple wire up in all sides of the run and hot wires at ground level) but where is yalls solution to handle a problem animal that gets too close/in/or attacks your flocks?
A Remington 870 with #2 buckshot, Rugar 10/22 with lazer site for late nite, and last but not least a Glock model 19 with lazer site on the night stand for quick response. Did that cover al the bases?

A Remington 870 with #2 buckshot, Rugar 10/22 with lazer site for late nite, and last but not least a Glock model 19 with lazer site on the night stand for quick response. Did that cover al the bases?
colt 1911 on me nearly at all times , saiga shotgun with double lights and a green laser site underslung and m4 with fantastic optix on the tri-rail in my bedroom, rocksalt mossy over the back door. several others in easy reach but thats whats directly on my way to the door. :)

Back
Top Bottom