LOCKING DOWN anyone joining?

HOw cute and what a suprise!!He didnt seem to need to lock down did he?
Nope didn't need lockdown at all. That chick raised the humidity for me in the incubator. :) I added water of course when I removed the chick. I named it "early bird" because well, it's the early bird. Oh it's awake again crying I just wanna go cuddle it and tell it that i'm here for it. I hate having one chick by it's self. They do better in groups.

That's really cute but I agree, I hate when they're on their own, they sound so lonely.

it is now cuddled in the feather duster and being quiet. So I think it thinks it has friends there. :D Just wish there were more so that I could also tell if the temp is to hot or to cold. It moved out away from the light so i'm leaning towards to hot.

I have locked down today!!!! Cant wait first hatch!!! I hope the best for all of us and keep each other posted!!! Cant wait I hope mine hatch although the incubator has been cool some days so I might need a couple of days!!!
Best of Luck!!!
big_smile.png

Wonder why he hatched so early? Was he started by a hen before the incubator?
They were free eggs. The guy didn't want any more chicks and they were found in nests he didn't know about that the hens had made. So it could have been under a hen for any unknown amount of days. I'm hoping they start popping out of their shells soon to give this one a friend. Already starting to worry what if it's the only one that hatches. They went through a freeze and the guy said he put them in the fridge. :(

Back
Top Bottom