Locks of Love

DuckLady

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NE Washington State
Tomorrow will be 8 years since I lost my mom to cancer.

When she started chemo and her hair started falling out, my intent was to get her a Sacramento Kings cap (she was a huge fan) and make a ponytail to attach tot he cap with my own hair.

Sadly, she died shortly after our conversation, before we were able to get her that ponytail made.

Now as my hair grows out, I sent a ponytail's worth to locks of love.

Today's ponytail will make 52 total inches of ponytail I nave donated.

18_6-5_017.jpg

i donate too! no idea what my total is. it takes me several years to grow it long enough to donate so i can't do it as often as some people. but i'm always glad to do it, even though the first time i cried... i hadn't had my hair cut in about 15 years that time it was all the way down my back and my mom chopped it at my neck. it was a weird feeling!

That is one the most worthy organizations to donate to, whether it is hair, time or money. My friend Joyce recently shaved her hair patches off and the wig she wears gives her a feeling of being normal, even though she knows she is not.
hugs.gif

My mom's done that a couple times... my hair has never grown long enough for the minimum donation.

There have been kids at the school who've done that too, which is really cool.

Should DD decide to lop off her waist length hair I'll definitely be sending it in.

It's a wonderful group of people.

6 feet. My hair grow really fast, and we go from hip to shoulders every 18 months (18 inches each time). I measure and cut off a braid, then go in and have it shaped out.

Back
Top Bottom