1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lonely button quail, what shall I do?!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imraldera391, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Imraldera391

Imraldera391 New Egg

Oct 27, 2015
    My beautiful male button passed 2 days ago, leaving his lovely lady all alone. She keeps calling out for him and its heartbreaking.Can a quail live happily alone? She is quite old and doesn't lay any more so I think I will have trouble rehoming her. However, if I did find a loving home to take her on, would she settle with other quail? I have never had to introduce quail before, so I don't know how they respond to newcomers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks xx
    PS I hope I started this thread in the right place, I'm new round here :)

2. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

I'm afraid I don't know much about quail. If you click the little flag button on the bottom of your post you can ask for it to be moved to the quail section. I'm sorry to hear your quail lost her mate, I hope you can work something out. [​IMG]

3. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. So sorry for your loss! :hugs Hope she does find happiness again.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. Imraldera391

Imraldera391 New Egg

Oct 27, 2015
    Thanks guys, I look forward to becoming part of the team! I love how you all share your knowledge and experiences, and I'll do my best to contribute although I'm not really an expert on anything :) xx
    Ps I will make a thread in the quail section, thanks for your advice :)

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Poor thing, she already lost her mate, hope she doesn't lose her home as well

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

I hope someone over in the Quail forum knows the best way of dealing with a lonely girl. I wish you good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by