Lonely Goose

pander

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 12, 2012
Hello everyone, I am new here. I have recently moved to Northern FL and in my backyard pond there is one lonely goose. Does anyone have any ideas on why she may be alone. I believe her to be a gray tolouse. Which is a domestic bread goose, correct? I feel so awful for her, in the day she will follow the Canadians around however at night she sleep at the bank of the water by the light of my patio. Every now and then I see a male that looks like her but he is the head of about 7 Canadians and leaves with them, not returning for days. Should I call someone to come get her? She seems so lonely
sad.png

Hello everyone, I am new here. I have recently moved to Northern FL and in my backyard pond there is one lonely goose. Does anyone have any ideas on why she may be alone. I believe her to be a gray tolouse. Which is a domestic bread goose, correct? I feel so awful for her, in the day she will follow the Canadians around however at night she sleep at the bank of the water by the light of my patio. Every now and then I see a male that looks like her but he is the head of about 7 Canadians and leaves with them, not returning for days. Should I call someone to come get her? She seems so lonely
sad.png

sad.png
welcome-byc.gif
She was probably someones pet and they either dumped her in your pond or she came in with the rest of the Canadians, She could probably fly I have a Toulouse goose and i think she could fly just watching her. You said you see another that looks like her but is flying off with the Canadians? She may be lonely but with a little coaxing would make a lovely addition to your home[pond]. Toulouse have very sweet natures how would you call to come get her? How would you know she would be taken care of? just a few questions to ask yourself. You sound like you care about her so why not keep her and try to find her a friend.

I have considered just keeping an eye and her and providing her meals. Technically my HOA will not allow me to have her as a pet. Besides I really think she deserves some shelter for the evening hours. I really believe someone dumped both the male and female. I think the male has moved on but she seems like she would rather stay in my area. I think she was dumped because if I go out she will honk for me and swim clear across the pond to come see me. This was happening before I started feeding her. I was thinking Florida game and wildlife may rescue her. But now that she is probably a domestic breed, I am not sure they would take her. Also I worry they would not adopt her out. Maybe I could post a sign at the feed supply, to see if anyone would be interested in her.

Where in Northern Florida are you located (general...like close to ____city/town would do)? I know a couple people who raise waterfowl in Florida, but am not sure how far they are from you. Also, if you post this in the Florida thread, somebody may step up and get her.

Good luck. Hope she stays safe till you can find her a new home.

Where in Northern Florida are you located (general...like close to ____city/town would do)? I know a couple people who raise waterfowl in Florida, but am not sure how far they are from you. Also, if you post this in the Florida thread, somebody may step up and get her.

Good luck. Hope she stays safe till you can find her a new home.
X2 I doubt very seriously Fl. game and wild life would do anything since she is domestic. and you have a pond but your HOA won't let you keep geese? She sounds so sweet, wish I was closer. From all I have read on here North Fl. has an abundance of Coyote so her sleeping on the bank under the light of your patio is just asking for a pred. Hopefully doing what !Mrs advised will help you find her a great home.
fl.gif

Can you get a picture of the goose? I am sure we can find her a home if you want/need the help to do so. FL will not offer you any help at all.There are enough of us here though with geese that I am sure we can come with a plan and a permanent home.

I am in Clay county Fl. I will post this in the Florida section and keep my fingers crossed. She is such a sweet girl and needs a safe forever home. It breaks my heart to see her out there swimming all alone. I will also post a pic of her after I feed her this evening.

I am in N Fl and I could take her and give her a forever home...I have 15 geese, one of which is a Toulouse...the other Africans and Chinese...I could take on one more...I am restricted as to travel tho and could not come for her...your thoughts?

Because I lack the genius to add a photo here. I just made my profile pic one of her. To the person who said they would take the goose. I am not sure how to transport a goose or round one up for that matter but if your not too far I may attempt it. Could or do you think she would get into a dog cage? She is certainly someone's old pet. Tonight when I fed her she followed me around like a puppy would. I am more afraid of her than she is of me.

Back
Top Bottom