Lonely male duck please help.

Bstanek1

Chirping
Apr 20, 2021
Today was very unfortunate, a couple years ago I picked up 2 male ducklings. They grew up to be best friends and were inseparable. Today one of them was hit by a car. So now we are down to 1 duck. I read that ducks cannot be alone and I am so worried about my remaining duck. He already has no interest in eating or drinking. What can I do? I appreciate the feedback I am so upset over all of this and feel so bad for my remaining duck.

Today was very unfortunate, a couple years ago I picked up 2 male ducklings. They grew up to be best friends and were inseparable. Today one of them was hit by a car. So now we are down to 1 duck. I read that ducks cannot be alone and I am so worried about my remaining duck. He already has no interest in eating or drinking. What can I do? I appreciate the feedback I am so upset over all of this and feel so bad for my remaining duck.
☹️ I’m so sorry. What a terrible way to lose a pet.

Maybe start checking Craigslist to find him a new friend? People are often selling male Pekins. He will probably go through a depressed period but I’m sure he’d appreciate a new companion.

In the short term, spend as much time with him as you can. You can try adding a stuffed toy to his pen, a mirror, bird toys to keep him engaged

☹️ I’m so sorry. What a terrible way to lose a pet.

Maybe start checking Craigslist to find him a new friend? People are often selling male Pekins. He will probably go through a depressed period but I’m sure he’d appreciate a new companion.
Thankyou so much. I feel terrible for him. If I get another male duck is it possible they will fight ?

Thankyou so much. I feel terrible for him. If I get another male duck is it possible they will fight ?
I would start with the ‘look but don’t touch’ introduction—separate the new duck with a fence or pen so they can see each other. Let them get used to one another for a few days, then try letting them interact—if they fight, repeat as many times as necessary. Ducks are so social that it shouldn’t take too long.

I would start with the ‘look but don’t touch’ introduction—separate the new duck with a fence or pen so they can see each other. Let them get used to one another for a few days, then try letting them interact—if they fight, repeat as many times as necessary. Ducks are so social that it shouldn’t take too long.
Okay thankyou so much. So I'm good to get another male or should I try a female? What about a younger duck ?

Back
Top Bottom