Long live the King - the neverending story of Brahmalot!

Pics
Your Brahmas are so beautiful! Love their coloring. Jack0in-the-Box, what a cutie!!! My 2 Buff Brahmas hens and their roo have discovered the day spa formally known as the wood stove ash pile. They kick, flap and roll in it making sure to get the ash deep into their fluffy feathers, then come onto the porch to shake off. What a mess but happy chickens.

This has been the wettest summer this scribe can remember here at Brahmalot! The lower nurseries have been evacuated and are only fit for ducks. There are many branches down, but that means new bugs to find and new adventures coming. The neighboring giants have been very busy keeping Brahmalot safe and secure, chopping up downed branches and one very large tree and repairing broken fence line.

Meanwhile, the citizens are preparing for the end of the rain. There will be a festival today. You've guessed it - watermelon waits in the royal refrigerator! The young knights are practicing for the joust - Sorry for the blurry picture, they were moving too fast!

Little Princess Honey is waiting for her Prince Charming.

These little princesses and princes are just waiting for their food! It seems they flunked the table manners class.

While older knights and ladies of the court go on a quest to far-off lands,

these 13 young lads and ladies are waiting for dryer weather so they can join the famiies that call Brahmalot home!

Some of the royal babies of Brahmalot go on a day trip under the watchful eyes of their moms -

Queen Mother Chrissie is ever diligent and has raised many strong foster sons and daughters, including the current Queen Frack.

Lady Blackie is not a careful mom, even giving her baby up to Queen Mother Chrissie in the evenings so she can gossip on the roost.

Look at me, Mom, I'm almost as tall as you! Little Lady Juliet just loves to be a mom, raising many children over the years, all of whom tower over her quickly, as she seems unable to hatch her own eggs.

pop.gif
Thanks for the entertaining stories! :D

Lady Juliet is a serama, but a Brahma at heart. She has raised many Brahma chicks and it is very funny to watch her try to cover 4 chicks when they are as big as she is!

Back
Top Bottom