Long Power Outage

Hi, I'm sorry for your power outages! But here's the story i came to post today... I've decided I'm simply not cut out for incubating - it stresses me out thinking about all those little ones. After 4 days of waiting after the last chick hatched, I turned off the bator yesterday. & Today I wanted to do autopsy's to see how far along they had come... so I took them in a bag outside and after about 8 of them i started being less careful - there were 3 classifications - dud, early problem & late death... oh and STILL ALIVE! :( I did crack the outer shell - and raced inside after it started chirping (because i just hit it on a rock in the snow). Summary: Maybe wait a little bit longer with it on. I'm heartbroken and now watching a partially opened egg in an incubator... :( I'm sure it wont make it but I'm just sad.
Oh my goodness! That’s one of the things I am afraid of with these...I can’t imagine them being alive and in a trash can somewhere😬😳
Yours looks like it might make it??

Oh my goodness! That’s one of the things I am afraid of with these...I can’t imagine them being alive and in a trash can somewhere😬😳
I hatched balut eggs.

Eggs that were incubated for a few weeks then pulled out and refrigerated for a few days until I put them in my incubator.

I did this so I am telling you it is possible your egg/s make it but by the looks of your pictures I don't want you to get your hopes up.

Once you're better warmed back up I would say that you should being seeing some movement.

SHES ALIVE!!!!!!! OMG SHE SURVIVED!!!!! I cracked her open on a rock outside!!!!! I'll update this post in the morning. if she's a he i'll be sad again. Edited to add that I helped her hatch out because I've heard of vacuum sealed chicks and so i used those wet and warm paper towels over several hours to keep everything moist and rub down that inside "layer" of protection.

Attachments

• crackhead3.jpg
    crackhead3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 13
  • crackhead4.jpg
    crackhead4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 6
  • crackhead5.jpg
    crackhead5.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 7
  • crackhead6.jpg
    crackhead6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 7
  • crackhead7.jpg
    crackhead7.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 8
  • crackhead71.jpg
    crackhead71.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
SHES ALIVE!!!!!!! OMG SHE SURVIVED!!!!! I cracked her open on a rock outside!!!!! I'll update this post in the morning. if she's a he i'll be sad again. Edited to add that I helped her hatch out because I've heard of vacuum sealed chicks and so i used those wet and warm paper towels over several hours to keep everything moist and rub down that inside "layer" of protection.
WoW!!! This is incredible!!!🥰🥰🥰

Introducing Crackhead-confirmed She made it through the night #1. So my final advice would be if you decide to toss them... maybe do autopsies first ;). Hope things get better for you in Texas!!!

Attachments

• 0B3F52FE-7EC5-42A2-B9A6-BFD603441729.jpeg
    0B3F52FE-7EC5-42A2-B9A6-BFD603441729.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom