Long Power Outage

She’s beautiful! What kind is she?
Easter Egger - from a blue egg - All my chicks came out black with a white dot on their head... LOL I don't have any blue layers that look like that so it's a Complete unknown :D - My silver laced and barred rock hens (who have black as a main color) lay brown. Shes doing great :D. So hopefully this thread gives hope to anyone with outages. I had turned off her incubator 12 hr prior to cracking her in the snow loool!

Easter Egger - from a blue egg - All my chicks came out black with a white dot on their head... LOL I don't have any blue layers that look like that so it's a Complete unknown :D - My silver laced and barred rock hens (who have black as a main color) lay brown. Shes doing great :D. So hopefully this thread gives hope to anyone with outages. I had turned off her incubator 12 hr prior to cracking her in the snow loool!
How is she doing?? I still haven’t gave up on mine but it seems like they would have hatched by now....they were supposed to hatch on the 19th and it’s the 22...

My eggs still haven’t hatched....I candled them again and they look the same as before. I don’t see the veins breaking down or blood rings forming. Does anyone know how long that would take to happen?

My eggs never hatched, I did put them in warm water 1 at a time to see if they were moved but they did not....all of the eggs were developing perfectly, as they were
I have 7 eggs in my incubator that were supposed to hatch 1-2 days ago. We are in middle Tennessee and lost power for almost 3 days while my eggs were on day 18. I immediately wrapped my incubator in towels but after the 2nd day there was no more heat in there and the temperature was 45-55° for at least 20-30 hours.....I have read some amazing stories about chicks still hatching after losing power in the cold. I am just curious how long I should leave these eggs in the incubator before I let them go?
Day 18- lost power
Day 21-power restored
Temps-below 55° for 20-30 hours
Day 22- that is today and no pips, no rocking, ..............no chirping.
Thanks for any advise!
I see I have a typo ^ (advice) and cannot find the edit button....

None of the eggs hatched....Today was day 25 and I put them in a bowl of warm water one at a time and there was no movement at all....so for anyone wondering if nearly ready to hatch chicks will survive a 3 day power outage while it’s in the low 10-20’s outside, mine didn’t but I hope yours do!

Back
Top Bottom