1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Longtail croosing

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Arkklon, Jan 25, 2010.

1. pktuan

pktuan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Arkklon, Could you please post your flock of them (result of cross Sumatra x Yoko. ) thanks a lot.

2. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    those are beautiul birds and i was wondering are the males mean and do the hen grow spurs

3. Arkklon

Arkklon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2010
    Lajas, PR
    Hi:

I am a small breeder, I only have a few (like 25) so you can give them the best attention and care they require. Only 2 males are aggressive others are very docile and friendly. Females do not have spurs, some phoenix have.

Arkklon

4. gallo4319

gallo4319 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    one of my sumatra cross
    [​IMG]

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I just bought a yokohama/Sumata rooster that looks just like your third picture. I'll have to get pictures of him. He is free ranging with white pheonix hens, a silver pheonix hen, and a spangled game hen. can't wait for babys

6. Arkklon

Arkklon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2010
    Lajas, PR
    Hi; everyone

Gallo, the cockerel looks great, I really like it. As in February I'll put some pictures of other color crossings cuckoo and Crele in which I've been working. I'm waiting to have his tail a little longer.

Arkklon

7. ElaineE

ElaineE New Egg

Jan 27, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a standard Silver Phoenix / Standard Black Sumatra Cross.
    He has multiple spurs from the Sumatra and his tail drags the ground like the Phoenix.
    He is 11 months old in these photos.
    I had 3 White Orpington hens that got loose in the pasture and he has claimed them as his harem.
    With him, they range the full 20 acre pasture. Before he claimed them, they stayed within 50 feet of the barn.
    The rest of the chickens stay close to the barn on the south side, this guy and his harem stay in the horse pasture on the north side.
    When I go walk the fence line, he and his white harem follow along to see what I am doing.
    The Orp hens were given to me and he was a very pretty accident. So I just let them free range in the pasture.
    I have Black, Blue and Splash French Marans; Black, Blue and Splash Ameraucanas; All colors Silkie; Blue Laced Red Wyandotte; Buff, Gold, Silver Polish; and other assorted breeds, Black, Blue and Splash Sumatra chicks on the way. Blue Ameraucana eggs in the incubator.
    About 150 total now.

1 person likes this.
  8. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    Nice !

Really like the birchin color roo [​IMG]

9. farmraised86

farmraised86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    sanford nc
    I love the red yokohama x sumatra do you have a hen from that mix? I'd like to see it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by