Longtime lurker coming in

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Hensndoes, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Hensndoes

Hensndoes Just Hatched

Jun 18, 2017
    Hello all!

Thank you for all the advice and chuckles over the past year! My Boyfriend found you last April when we got our peeps. 2 BSL, 2 GLW, 2 EE, 2 SS, 3 cuckoos, and a bantam Cochin roo. Built our coop and run with input from this forum fully lined with hardware cloth = $4K and it's going to take a bear to get in there. Added 3 alpine goats in September. Missed the advice about building a bigger coop to compensate for wanting more chickens :(. Currently have 3 week old peeps I put under the broody speckled Sussex that couldn't be broke. Nope. Tried all of your tricks and after 6 weeks we had to do it. She's done being a ma now so if anyone wants 2 nhr and a bsl in the nh vt area I have some. Have another mean broody I'm not even going to bother with. That little bantam roo has good fert rate with 2 ladies so we gave meany a clutch last week. Fun times!

Oh. I love Roos. My little bantam is the best! And deep litter. Thanks for that!

Attached Files:

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I love bantam cochin roosters too.

:welcome

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    :welcome I'm glad you are enjoying your little flock.

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Welcome out of the woodwork :D
    Local Facebook Poultry Group or Local Craigslist are the best ways to sell or get rid of extra birds.

5. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Welcome! Also signs with pictures at the feed stores, and if there's a local small livestock auction, try that. Mary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by