LOOK at my new spoiled rotton baby!New video, 12/6/11

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chilling in muscadine, Jan 28, 2009.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Dr.Doorlock :

Now you've done it! I may never be able to eat bacon again. I wonder if one of those could get along with our three Boston Terriers.

I'm working with my dogs now. My pittbull has no problem with her but he is so old now he doesn't want to be bothered. He likes to nap. There are two I don't trust yet. They are pittbull/blue heeler mixes. One of those I think will come around but the other one I'm thinking he will have to go and live in the fenced yard. Snakeman said when she gets bigger she will defend herself. IDK about boston terriers but I'm not taking any chances right now. If you think you can manage I would go for it. I wish I had gotton into them years ago. You can also litter box train them. They are extremely intellegent, and if they live in a clean area they are very clean animals.​
  2. Dr.Doorlock

Dr.Doorlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Garland, Texas
    Quote:I'm having a ball with her. I looked at some little dog cloths that I thought might fit her but nothing jumped out at me like "I gotta get that." I took her in walmart with me inside my coat. I'm suprised I didn't get stopped at the door leaving like I was shoplifting or something. lol Now that would be a trip. Mam, what you got under that coat there. [​IMG]

Nothing fits a pig like a tootoo!
  3. Samarai Jenn

Samarai Jenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    She is so cute! We had a potbelly that looked almost exactly like her! We took her for walks around the yard, with a leash and everything, and she was litterbox trained too!
  4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Here is a recent pic of Hilda, I've posted about her before so if you look back you should be able to find them (or I could reposted them, I do love showing her off)

Hilda is also a big hit when I take her out, she got to go Christmas shopping w/ me. Atwoods is pet friendly so I usually take her by there, everyone loves her! She really needed the socialization, for awhile she'd scream bloody murder if anyone but me tried to pick her up, and I really wanted her to like poeple, not just me (although I'm happy to be her favorite). She also really didn't like car rides at first, I wanted her to get over that to. The last two times I've taken her anywhere, she's gotten stuck w/ a needle, so I'll be looking for somewhere for a good experience next time. Not sure it has tramitized her at all, she was over it pretty quickly. And the vet staff really like her and are good to her, when I was trying to pay I had her on the counter, and they wanted me to let her come behind the counter w/ them so they could play with her, so of course we just had to show off abit and she sat and spun around for them (her only two tricks so far), I'm sure getting treats while there will help her think good thoughts.

She did have a harness, but she's out grown it and I need to get a bigger one. I also have the same problem w/ the dogs taking her toys. They already tore up her grunting elephant!
  5. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:Hilda is just precious. She sorta looks like Pitunia. When I went through the drive through at the bank and the pharmacy yesterday I was told they see a lot of pets come through but that was the first time they had seen a pig. It was really funny because I was holding her up against my chest and neck like you would hold a human baby and she was asleep. AHHHHHHH. Snakeman got off work early this morning so we are going to bring the dogs one by one on a leash into my office and check there behavior with her. Some of the dogs I have already had around her, it's just the ones I'm worried about we are going to work with. We will be taking more pics too. She was wore out from yesterday but she is awake already this morning and ready for her adventure. lol
  6. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I'm lucky that my dogs are use to me bringing in new animals, so I don't have to worry about them. She likes to climb on the danes, and they really don't care for that, she also rutted on everyone and everything when she first got here and they didn't really like that to much either (they'd just leave the room). My mom has one dog that was obsessed w/ her for awhile, mostly just staring and drooling, but she does that with new things (she was a rescue). At this point her and Hilda fight, Hilda starts it and the dog finishes it, nothing serious though. My Chinese Crested is protective of her and tries to defend her, I don't think she cared to much for her at first, but once she figured out she's staying she desided she'd better get use to it, now she's her protecter (maybe she's realize Hilda will out grow her and can return the favor). Now my mom's other dog plays w/ Hilda, they run around tearing the room up, wrestling, the dog tries to get Hilda to tug of war w/ her toys, but Hilda hasn't quite figured that out yet. They are so fun to watch and they will run til they are both wore out! Zoe (the crested) has tried to join in, but don't seem to be able to figure the game out, and mostly ends up getting left out.
  7. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    All the pics Snakeman took last night all turned out to dark to post. Darn and I had her doing her first trick. I had her taking animal crackers that I had holding them between my teeth. From the dark pics it looks like I'm kissing her. lol [​IMG] Seven of the dogs I had around her in my office last night are not going to be a threat to her. We brought them in one at a time though. Two more to go. I took her outside today wearing her harness. Boy she squealed while putting the thing on. You would have thought I was killing her. She didn't like it at all. Once we were outside I hooked her leash to a fence pole and I didn't hear a peep out of her. I had her outside for about two hours. I'm hoping she will relate the harness to getting to go outside. I had the blame camera with me and didn't take not one pic today. We are going to try and get some new pics tonight.
  8. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm curious, can you house-train a pig... like a cat?
  9. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I'm new to pot bellies but they say you can litter box train them. They are very intellegent so I'm looking forward to all the things I can teach her. She already amazies me at how smart she is. I'm looking forward to the adventures we will have together.
  10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:You can also teach them to go outside to go potty, though I'm not sure if you could teach them to tell you when they need to go out. I've only heard of it being done when the piggies have self-access to the outdoors. And they are one of the cleanest animals there are, when given the choice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by