LOOK at my new spoiled rotton baby!New video, 12/6/11

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chilling in muscadine, Jan 28, 2009.

1. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a cute baby! [​IMG]

2. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I'm splitting Pitunias meals up to 3 or 4 times a day and she seems to be doing good with this. Her being still so young she will get her belly full and them sleep awhile. She has that squealing down when she wants something to eat.

At what age do you have them spayed? I did find a vet I didn't know about that does the surgery. I will have to call maybe tomorrow. Maybe this vet also works on chickens. That would be a plus.

It's supposed to be 67 degrees on Saturday so I plan on taking her outside to spend time with me. She has brightened up a cold depressing winter.

3. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    My vet didn't give an age, he just said 20-30lbs, so that's the plan! I'm lucky that my vet treats all animals so far, before them I was using about 5 different vets to get all my animals seen. I was really hard to find a vet that treats goats, and that is how I found this one!

I am nervous though because they only treat a few and have only done one spay. There don't seem to be alot of PBPs around here, and even less that get vet attention!

4. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:Wow only one spay. I live in a rural farm area and I'm wondering if I will run into the same thing. I'm finding out there are a lot of PBPs in the area but folks here hardly don't fix there cats or dogs which is sad. I will have to check into this. I would be nervous to.

5. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    [​IMG] Pitunia did something that made me laugh harder than I have laughed in a long time. :la I had her and one of my dogs Sweetpea in my office with me. Sweetpea is my dog that lost her eye right after Sadie got hurt. {like I needed two trama injurys in the same week} Lockedheart, Sweetpea is the dog I tied to the seat of my van when I visited you. Anyway I have a large tupperware of Pitunias feed I keep in my office. There wasn't much feed left in the bowl so I put the bowl down and let Pitunia help herself instead of putting it in her bowl which is much smaller. [​IMG]

Well Sweetpea decided she wanted something to eat and stuck her head down in the bowl along side Pitunia. The tupperware bowl is a deep one so they really had to stretch to get to the food. Pitunia decided she didn't want Sweetpea in her food and kept nudging her trying to get her out of the bowl. This went on for a bit and then it happened. Pitunia leaned over and bit Sweetpea on the lip and held on. So here they are, Pitunia is cutting her eyes over at Sweetpea and Sweetpea is cutting her eyes back at her and neither one of them is eating. They are just standing there. Miss Pitunia finally figured out she couldn't hold Sweetpeas lip and eat at the same time and let her go. They both went back to eating. [​IMG] This is the funniest thing she has done yet.

6. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    ha... I got a pig called petunia as well... [​IMG] He's the one on the right...

[​IMG]

7. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:Well does your pig bite dogs on the lip for eating his food? [​IMG]

8. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    no.. he just block their way.....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:That pic is adorable. A guard pig. Is it a PBP? I think my dog Sweetpea thinks I got her a pet since Pitunia is only 13 weeks old and still quit small. Sweetpea is a medium size dog and Pitunias mamma weighs 40lbs. I'm tring to upload her recent pics but not having any luck. DARN [​IMG] Pitunia is becoming quite a star around here since I take her everywhere I go. Everybody wants to see the baby. I used to take Sweetpea with me everywere I went until about a month ago she sailed out of my van an bit the man trying to load my grocerys. OOPS [​IMG] The man was good sport about it but I can not allow that behavior to go on.

10. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Here is a pic of Pitunia I took yesterday in my van. She spent the whole day with me cruising the roads. She loves to ride. I went by my sisters and we had our short visit in my van. During this time Pitunia climbed up into my lap. That was the first time she did anything like that without me coaxing her with a treet. It brought a tear to the corner of my eye. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now isn't she the cutest thing you ever saw? I'm hooked on PBPs now.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by