LOOK at my new spoiled rotton baby!New video, 12/6/11

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chilling in muscadine, Jan 28, 2009.

1. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Quote:That pic is adorable. A guard pig. Is it a PBP? I think my dog Sweetpea thinks I got her a pet since Pitunia is only 13 weeks old and still quit small. Sweetpea is a medium size dog and Pitunias mamma weighs 40lbs. I'm tring to upload her recent pics but not having any luck. DARN [​IMG] Pitunia is becoming quite a star around here since I take her everywhere I go. Everybody wants to see the baby. I used to take Sweetpea with me everywere I went until about a month ago she sailed out of my van an bit the man trying to load my grocerys. OOPS [​IMG] The man was good sport about it but I can not allow that behavior to go on.

Thanks, he's a kune kune, we have 5 of them.[​IMG]

2. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

I want a pig. How sweet!! Cute, cute, cute!!!

3. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:Wow only one spay. I live in a rural farm area and I'm wondering if I will run into the same thing. I'm finding out there are a lot of PBPs in the area but folks here hardly don't fix there cats or dogs which is sad. I will have to check into this. I would be nervous to.

Well the vet I found that neuters the male PBPs has never done a spay on a female and I can tell you this, Pitunia ISN'T going to be his first. I found another vet that is well established and they said they would do it for $90.00. I'm finding out that it is so rare in this part of the country that there isn't any info in the computors at the vets office as far as cost when you call. I will have to find out how many PBP spays this vet has done. NOW I'M NERVOUS.

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    One of the risk factors is the medicine they use to put her under.
    Please do a search for the pigs as pets web site and get the anestesia information from there to give to your vet. There is one that is safer than what is normally used.

5. chickenred

chickenred Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Planet earth
    Lol.

when I was 13 I wanted a pig for Christmas. I was so sad when I did not get one. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Quote:I believe that would be Isoflorine. It's what's used for rabbits and older animals and prob. the only one now. Haven't had anyone spayed/neutered lately so best to ask the vet.

7. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Here are some new pics. I can't help it but when you have something so beautiful you just have to share.

Here is Pitunia taking a rest after hanging with me for the day. Doesn't she look like she doesn't have a care in the world?
    [​IMG]

Now here she is taking a nap.{she didn't think I was looking.} [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Is she potty trained? If not I'm sure with the right meaurements I could whip up a piggy diaper. [​IMG] BTW: I would love to have a pet pig. We raised chickens and pigs as a kid and they were basically "meat" . My dad in the 70's had the idea that animals are just for $ and he made a lot of it. I was never allowed by the animals because they didn't either want me attached to them or they were very sterile with the business. Now I have my own chickens and I love them! [​IMG] Back rubs an all.

9. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:We are working on the potty training now. When we first got her we had to work with the dogs to make sure that they didn't hurt her so she was crated a bit. Plus all my floors are tile so if these is an accident, easy cleanup. Pitunia knows her name and is such a joy in our house. That was a great offer on the piggy diapers but as fast as she is growing, what her measurments are one week the next they would be to little. [​IMG] All my dogs have accepted her except one and he will be learning the cold hard facts of life outside.

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Quote:We are working on the potty training now. When we first got her we had to work with the dogs to make sure that they didn't hurt her so she was crated a bit. Plus all my floors are tile so if these is an accident, easy cleanup. Pitunia knows her name and is such a joy in our house. That was a great offer on the piggy diapers but as fast as she is growing, what her measurments are one week the next they would be to little. [​IMG] All my dogs have accepted her except one and he will be learning the cold hard facts of life outside.

[​IMG] If she's a pig she can defend herself when she's bigger. They can be quite defensive against predators or a dog. Unless they are a pack attacking one piggie. Maybe they will accept her as their own eventually. I've seen pigs eat small animals that came into the hog lot! Sorry. [​IMG] They have jaws and teeth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by