LOOK at my new spoiled rotton baby!New video, 12/6/11

Quote:
We are working on the potty training now. When we first got her we had to work with the dogs to make sure that they didn't hurt her so she was crated a bit. Plus all my floors are tile so if these is an accident, easy cleanup. Pitunia knows her name and is such a joy in our house. That was a great offer on the piggy diapers but as fast as she is growing, what her measurments are one week the next they would be to little.
gig.gif
All my dogs have accepted her except one and he will be learning the cold hard facts of life outside.

lol.png
If she's a pig she can defend herself when she's bigger. They can be quite defensive against predators or a dog. Unless they are a pack attacking one piggie. Maybe they will accept her as their own eventually. I've seen pigs eat small animals that came into the hog lot! Sorry.
hmm.png
They have jaws and teeth.

Actually at this moment she is loose in the house{free ranging} for the first time and she is investigating everything. The dogs are not bothering her at all. The one dog that will be going outside to live is locked in her crate. I know all about the pack behavior with dogs and Pitunia will never be left alone with the dogs. If I can't watch her I will crate her. She is walking around like she owns the place. This is a happy day!
thumbsup.gif

Wow, she's getting big! Hilda has grown a lot to, but I can't always see it until you see her trying to fit somewhere that she use to get no prob and now can't fit!

I'm guessing spaying/neutering pigs here is also fairly uncommon, maybe PBPs in general are, I know there are some around, but I don't see many and I'm guessing most don't go to the vet. My vet only sees one on a regular basis, and it's not the one he spayed (that one's vet didn't feel comfortable doing the spay and sent the owner to him). I have to take one of my dogs in next week and think I'm going to talk to them abit more about it, I'm really dreading having it done, I'll be a nervous wreck until it's done and she's home and healing!

Quote:
Yes do talk to the vet and if you get any helpful info I would love to hear it. I'm so new to PBPs and have a lot to learn. Even when I take my cats and dogs in to be fixed I'm a nervous wreck and my vet does this surgery everyday. Its just my babies and I'm going to worry no matter what anyone says. I will do the same for you. Have you got any recent pics of Hilda. I would love to see her progress growing. Pitunia has out grown her first halter. I got her a new one yesterday but haven't fitted her in it yet.

Alright go ahead and tell me I have lost it, I can take it. Today for Valentines day I got another PBP. This one who hasn't been named yet is only one week old, it is also a female. This baby has to be bottle fed around the clock. She is just adorable. I have had her for several hours now and she hasn't screamed to eat yet. I'm starting to get a little worried although I know babies sleep alot too. I think Pitunia is gettting ancious[sp} for her to wake up. She has been checking on her every few minutes when she gets a break from exploring the house. What have I done? Oh yeah getting Pitunia a friend and me something else to love that steals my heart and soul. You guys think silkies steal your soul, just get a PBP.
thumbsup.gif

pop.gif
O.K. when ya getting up new baby? I'm so hoping she will take the bottle first time with no problem. Anyone else bottle feed one and if so did it go smooth. If not, any suggestion or ideas what I can try. If she doesn't take the bottle I don't know what I will do. Its the middle of the night and I know she has to get some formula in her.

I will post pics later today sometime.{that is if this new baby lets me sleep}
Also the new baby is mostly black with some white on her. I need a name, any suggestions?

You should probably try waking her up. With all the excitement of moving to a new home, the poor thing is probably worn out!

I would love to get another PBP, but Horton is so big now, I don't think it would work!
gig.gif
He would squish it for sure!

ooh my gosh!
love.gif
ask Haviris about the real young babies! she can help you!...also, just cause she dosent scream to eat..dosent mean she shouldent eat...when piglets nurse...they nudge moms belly with their snouts...and that makes moms milk come down so they can eat...so, i dont know if they scream to let you know they want to eat....is she nudging you alot with her snout?...pushing on you at all?....that means she is hungry....good luck! PM haviris!..she knows all about the young babies...
love.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the idea Wendy. I felt like she should have woke up to eat by now. It looks like I will be busy for the next couple of weeks anyway. Pitunia who usually gets her belly full when she is crated and then takes a long nap hasn't taken a nap at all. She is having a ball and still not one dog has bothered her. I know she will sleep through the night. lol:gig

With the baby should I do the stimulating thing for her after she eats to go to the bathroom?????? Not sure but I'm thinking at one week old, probably so.

Quote:
Thanks for the idea Wendy. I felt like she should have woke up to eat by now. It looks like I will be busy for the next couple of weeks anyway. Pitunia who usually gets her belly full when she is crated and then takes a long nap hasn't taken a nap at all. She is having a ball and still not one dog has bothered her. I know she will sleep through the night. lol:gig

With the baby should I do the stimulating thing for her after she eats to go to the bathroom?????? Not sure but I'm thinking at one week old, probably so.

hi..good question! i'm not sure if piglets need to be stimulated to go potty like a baby kitten or pup....but,maybe they do!..UGH!..sorry!, wish i could help you with that!

I got Hilda at 3 days old, she ate every 4 hours at first, even during the night. She was usually on me at all times because she got cold to easily, if I couldn't hold her I had a heating pad in her bed. Mostly she'd start nudging and rooting when she got hungry, I don't remember her telling me she was hungry, atleast not at first. If this baby is just being put on the bottle it will probably be mostly up to you to tell her it's time to eat. Once she gets it figured out though, she won't be shy about telling you it's time! And Hilda did sleep most of the time, so that is normal.

Hilda never took to the bottle, she finally figured out that that was were the milk was coming from, but she chewed it instead of sucking and it was quite messy! I bowl fed her instead, she took to that easier, and I started mixing baby cereal w/ it after a few days. Most of what I read said it's better to bowl feed anyway. I did raise some when I was a kid on bottles and they did fine!

And I didn't need to do anything special for her to potty, just tried to make sure she had access to a litter box, if she was on me I knew she need to go when she got restly, so I'd put her in her box and she'd go.

So where's the pics? I wish I could get another one! I'd say your crazy, but I don't think I have the right to say that!

I named my new PBP Stormy and that fits her personalitity to a tee. She isn't afraid of anything. I thought I would have to be real careful of the dogs hurting her but its the other way around. You should see her bow up on my 80lb pittbull. I can't remember laughing that hard. She is 10 days old today and will almost fit in my one hand. Now my pitt bull is really old in case you are wondering and he doesn't want to be bothered. The first day I had her I had trouble getting her to take a bottle but its on now. She will take the formula for maybe a minute and then she has to have a nap. The only problem I'm having is Pitunia thinks she is supposed to have the bottle. lol
gig.gif
My dogs are still doing great around her. I'm real glad I took the extra time to work with them so that we all can live peacefully together. The only one out of the whole deal that isn't happy is my dog Spanky that had to go outside to live. He just would not get it through his head to be good to the PBPs. I'm sure he is real sorry now but I can not trust him. I'm trying to get pics of Stormy posted. Hopefully soon.

Anyone else have new pics?

Back
Top Bottom