Look what I found in the driveway!

melodylee

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Arkansas
I want to know what breed this hen and rooster are? there combs is because they've been fighting the others through the fence i'm still trying to get them integrated clearly their not ready yet...anyway here they are:

hen

20110127_7.jpg

rooposter and hen pic1:

20110127_5.jpg

rooster and hen pic2:

20110127_6.jpg

Last edited:
Is the hen laying yet? What color eggs? What color are the bottoms of thier feet?
I'm thinking she is either a black sex-link or clean-legged marans. I didn't even think marans until I saw your rooster, and that is almost what a marans rooster can be expected to look like.

Not sure of breed, but if you just found them, I wouldn't integrate them with your flock just yet. Keep them quarantined for AT LEAST 30 days before introducing them... Chicken diseases can be really deadly and can sweep through your entire flock quickly.

I have another pen further away I can move them to.. so no trouble there I just want to add to they were given to me, they didn't just wandere here they were in a cage
lol.png
a lady who use to work with my mother left them for me but I didn't know till they showed up in the driveway I only learned where they came from after making a few phone calls... she has not layed yet... I am assuming she is getting used to her new home and that's why I'll check their feet.
thanks for the replies!

Back
Top Bottom