Look what I found under our lean-to this morning *graphic pic*

could have been sick or hit by a car and wondered there to die. I enjoy seeing them in the fields and woods, just not near my house. Id clean up after her too just in case she was sick.

I take it you don't have anything larger than a bird under the lean-to? Because I have to tell you that I have had several horses that were ferocious around predators...my big filly would have had no problem stomping a fox to death. She regularly ran coyotes out of here and I had another horse who faced off once with three loose Dobermans and ran them off too. I know of a stallion who shook a large Nubian goat to death by the neck, so nothing is too big if a horse is mad enough. So if you have anything larger than birds in there, they may have killed that fox. My Call drakes have drowned mice in their water bowls, and if they see them or small snakes they will chase them. Critters are kind of protective of their happy homes around here!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Holy crap, I didn't even know horses were capable of all that! Never underestimate horses 0.o

Some horses are territorial and don't like other animals venturing into "their" area. My friend told me a funny story that happened to her sister and BIL. They had just gotten home from a formal dinner, when they heard a huge racket out back. They struggled unto their muck boots and ran out to find that one of the Toulouse geese was running for it's life. Their old thoroughbred was in hot pursuit, teeth bared. Apparently the goose had strayed into the horse paddock, which teed off the horse.

I have a quiver made from the fur from a coyote that got in the wrong paddock at a friend's farm. A mare with a foal was in it, and the mare mashed the front end of the critter to jello. I guess ole Wile E. couldn't find the hole in the fence fast when it needed to.

I can't believe animal Control doesn't want to send it for testing. If rigor hadn't set in it was a suitable specimen.

Back
Top Bottom